Search for content in message boards

Cromartie relatives from Elizabethtown or Dublin, NC

Cromartie relatives from Elizabethtown or Dublin, NC

Kawanna McDowell (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Cromartie, McDowell
Bladen is the county of interest. I am trying to locate the relatives of Harry and Rose Cromartie. They were living in Dublin or Elizabethtown, NC. They had 7 children, during the mid-late 1800's or early 1900's. Their names were; Sam, Anders (Andrew), Ethel, Charlotte, Ester, Phobie, and Carrie. If you have any information, please e-mail me. Thank you very much.

Cromartie

Henry Hall (View posts)
Posted: 10 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Cromartie, Anders, Wooten, Ferguson
Bladen County Cromartie family. I did not find a Harry Cromartie but the names of the children would suggest a connection to William Cromartie/Ruhamah Doane. There is a small booklet on William Cromartie in print (contact Bladen County Public Library or Bladen County Historical Society for ordering information). Also, Dr. Robert Samuel Cromartie collected newsclippings, etc. with lots of handwritten information that is in local history collection at Bladen County Public Library.
Anders is a surname that ties into the Cromarties. My line is William Cromartie, his daughter Ann Cromartie (who married John Anders), her daughter Mary Mary Anders (who married John Allen Wooten), her daughter Annie Cromartie Wooten (who married Samuel Norman Ferguson), her daughter Lula Ferguson (who married Henry Marion Hilburn), her daughter Annie Carolyn Hilburn (who married Harry Lee Hall), and her son, me.
Let me know if you can't get any info from the library or the historical society.
Henry Hall

Bladen CO.

Paul S Troy (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Hall, Andres, Troy
Are you related to or know of William Weldon Hall or his Children Robert Troy Hall,Mary Weldon Hall,Thomas Chambers Hall, Rosa Hall,or Harriet Eleanor Hall. Also I show a Mary Andres Of Bladen co NC Married to Robert Edward Troy {Inlaws}.Do you have info.of these family.~Paul Troy

Hall, Troy families

Henry Hall (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
I know a little about the Hall family. Mine lived near Abbottsburg, Bladen County. Names: John Waymon, Hannah, Harriet. Earlier, the Halls came from the White Oak area of Bladen County. Names: Wiley. Wiley had sons but I don't have that info handy to refer to. I will be able to get into that info in about 10 days and I will then be more complete in my information. My Anders connection: John Anders (late 1700s early 1800s) Black River area in Bladen and Sampson County.
Henry Hall

John ANDERS m. "Biddy" Day Beatty WHITE

Jeanne Miller BOND (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: BEATTY, WHITE, ANDERS, DAY, SHIPMAN, TROY
I have Bridget DAY m. 1 Samuel BEATTY (in Ireland, 1767), 2. James WHITE (1773) 3. John ANDERS (after 1790). She had 1 ch Wm. Henry BEATTY; 4 ch. by James WHITE (Sheriff of Bladen Co., son of John, and possibly grandson of David Lindsey WHITE). Any other info on John ANDERS to connect him to this one? Son James Bunbury WHITE m. Rebecca SHIPMAN whose sis m. Alexander TROY. Thanks! Jeanne Miller BOND, Tampa, FL fbond@earthlink.net

Response to Query

Hubbard W. McDonald, Jr. (View posts)
Posted: 15 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: McDonald, Hall
The McDonald family liked to marry Halls. The first to marry in Bladen County was Charlotte Hall who married Smith McDonald. Very little can be found on Smith McDonald. An old Bladen County deed refers to a conveyence by Smith McDonald to Wiley Hall. Charlotte was a sister of a Wiley Hall who were children of Enoch. Wiley appears in a couple of generations of the Hall family. Enoch Hall's property was apparently in that portion of Bladen County that became a part of Cumberland County (Beaverdam Township)since Charlotte sold her interest in her father's estate which refers to Bladen County but is recorded in Cumberland County. Smith and Charlotte's son, John W. McDonald, married Lucy Ann Hall. Smith and Charlotte's grandson, William J. McDonald, Jr., married Alice Hall. One of the McDonalds that moved to Texas found a Hall in Texas to marry. A Hall become the executor of the Estate of Daniel Marshall McDonald in Fayetteville who was a relative according to Daniel's grandaughter. I have abstracts of census records and deeds on some of the Halls. Let me know what and who you are interested in.

Hall

Becky Clark (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Blue, Hall, Harrington, McDougald, Troy
Paul:
I just ran across your message. I descend thru William Weldon Hall, Robert Troy Hall, Mattie Hall, Harriet Eleanor McDougald, Mattie Blue (my grandmother).

I have pix of many of the Halls, some I can't identify. What do you know about William's father, supposedly John H. Hall, one of the first Associate Justices of the NC Supreme Court?

Please take a look at my web site.
Becky Clark
Posted: 18 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 25 Jun 2001 2:17AM GMT
Surnames: Anders
John Anders is direct ancestor of my husband James Olin Coleman. I have a book on the Anders(Anderson,Andres,Andruss,etc). Franklin James Anders is descendant of John Anders. John Anders was from Scotland and settled in Bladen County - farmer....The Anders were from near Kerr Station...Franklin James Anders was Civil War Veteran and fought at Battle of Bentonville.

Jean Coleman

Harry & Rose Cromartie

Pearly M. Hemsley (View posts)
Posted: 22 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Cromartie, Ellis
Bladen County, NC. Harry & Rose would be my great grand
father and great grandmother. My grandmother's name was Daisy Cromartie and married Bunk Shaw Ellis. They had 10 children: Rosa, Maggie, Hutchinson, Calvin, Mary Lillie, Beatrice, Clifton, James Dewy, George Washington (Robert)and Louvenia. If you know these names please contact me.

Thank you sooooo very much.

John Anders

Posted: 27 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 26 Jun 2001 9:33PM GMT
Surnames: Anders, Bush, Russ, Elwell, Poynter, Lennon, Peterson, Carter
Jean
I am interested in what book you have on the Anders family. I know of Bill Oakley's recent one and Guy Andress one of the 60s. There is an old Jeremiah Andress Bible that says something like Joseph and Stephen came into NC from England Joseph went south and Stephen went north and was never heard from again. We know Stephen Lived in the Rowan section of Bladen all his life and has descendants there today. The same is true of a brother John and Joseph did go south and his descendants wound up in Monroe county area of Alabama. We believe there were brothers Samuel and William but that is unproven. The father of all these guys
(whose name changed with the wind)was John ?. John Anders/Andres/Andrews and Judith ? were the parents of these brothers. There are some thoughts that Papa John came from Dorchester county Maryland in the early 1700s. He was in Bladen by 1754. I've heard many theories on where these guys came from but this is the first I've heard of Scotland. Any ideas? Maybe their name was Andrews and I am due a percentage of Greens Fees from a certain well known golf course. Seriously I have heard one group who is sure the name was originally Anders say the Ukrain, my father in law said France and I've heard Slovakia so I'd love to follow another source.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions