Search for content in message boards

Peter T. Kinsey 1763-1842

Peter T. Kinsey 1763-1842

Posted: 6 Feb 2005 5:36PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Kinsey, McNutt, Scoggins, Rister
Looking for information on living descendants of Peter T. Kinsey born in 1763. We would like to make contact with anyone doing research on this line.

God Bless,
Calvin and Linda Pittman

Re: Peter T. Kinsey 1763-1842

Linda Barnes (View posts)
Posted: 9 Feb 2005 3:46AM GMT
Surnames: Kinsey
I can't say for sure that we are descendents but we think we are. I have been trying to find out if our William Kinsey is the brother of Peter. Our family believes William is the son of Peter Sr and his son William Jr is our direct line. I have from William Jr. up to myself but can't put a proven link from him to William Sr and to his father Peter Sr. The information we are working off of is Peter Sr and Anna Hoffman brought children Peter Jr, William Sr., Thomas and Mary to US. William Sr. had the following children, Peter 1805, John 1807, Susan 1812, Thomas 1814, William Jr., 1818, Elizebeth 1822, and Steven Ellis 1823. I have only found land records showing land for a William and Peter during the time they were supposed to have come to SC but haven't been able to link children. If you need anything from William Jr. forward I can help with that.
Linda Kinsey Barnes

Posted: 28 Aug 2008 9:27PM GMT
Surnames: Peter, Elisha, Benjamin, Elisha T., Robert Elisha Sr. & Jr.
Peter T. is my 5th great grandfather. He had Elisha. He had Benjamin Franklin. He had Elisha Thomas. He had Raymond. He had Robert Elisha Kinsey Sr. He had Robert Elisha Kinsey Jr., my father. Please contact me. I woulds like to know in more detail how we are related. I have found that Peter T. dad's name was Peter. And his dad's name was Johannes Kuntz or Kuntzi from Germany.

Posted: 30 Aug 2008 7:04PM GMT
I'm sure were working on the same family.Where do you have Peter Sr. and Anna coming to America from?And do you have any birth dates for their children?I have William down as 1787.And yes i would like to see from William Jr. forward to you.
Thanks
Virginia Kinsey Berry

Posted: 31 Aug 2008 11:53PM GMT
Surnames: Kinsey
Contact me at linda926@charter.net and I will send you what I have. What I have that was given me by a cousin is Peter Kinsey Sr. born in Baden Germany and his wife Anna Hoffmancame to America 1783-1785. They brought 4 children with them, Peter Jr, born 1764, William Sr. born 1765, Thomas born 1755, and Mary born 1769. These children were born in Dublin, Ireland. William Jr. was supposed to have been born in Pendlelton Dist,. SC in 1818. The only one I have proof of is William Jr. born 1818 by census records, marriage record. I was also told this family was later found in Habersham County, Ga. I know William Jr. was married in Gilmer Co., Ga and then was found in Cass County census which later became Bartow County, Ga. The last I can find of him and his wife Jane in the 1880 census in Bartow County. I found Williams and Peters in the early land records in S.C. but no proof that they are my Williams and Peters. It just makes you feel you are so close but can't put your finger on them. If they just wouldn't name every other male the same name you might could figure it out. I guess it is family history though. William Jr. had a son James, my grandfather (son of William's son Lorenzo) was a James he had a son James (my uncle) and my brother is James.
Linda

Posted: 22 Apr 2009 9:39PM GMT
Hey Sis, I need whatever info you have gathered. Why don't you come south for a weekend to discuss.

Posted: 31 Oct 2009 3:35PM GMT
Hi Calvin
I have no proof that my line is from your line but the best I have been able to find out is from family stories. I have tracked my line to William Kinsey, Jr. who was born in SC in 1818, moved to Habersham County, Ga, married in Gilmer County, Ga in 1844 and the last I have of him was in Pine Log, Bartow County, Ga. in 1880. I have always been told his father was the Peter Kinsey who came from Germany moved to Irland and then came into Pendleton, SC. I have some land records from SC that show Peter Kinsey Sr and Peter Kinsey Jr and William Kinsey in the time frame that I have been told Peter was in SC. My William's father was supposed to have been Peter Sr's son William. I just can't prove any of this from William Jr back. My grandfather was born in Bartow County, moved to Chattanooga, Tn then to Dade County, Ga and then to Catoosa County Ga where he died. He was James Madison Kinsey. His father was Lorenzo Dow Kinsey.
You can contact me at my e-mail linda926@charter.net.
Thanks
Linda Kinsey Barnes
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions