Search for content in message boards

Gore's Liverpool Directories 1911/1938 - Kinder and Gregson Streets

Gore's Liverpool Directories 1911/1938 - Kinder and Gregson Streets

Posted: 15 May 2012 7:03PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 4 Aug 2012 4:24PM GMT
Dear Megamumone ,

Are you still active on this Topic ? I have been all around the trees trying to find bits of information and today joined this community just to ask you .....please would you look up who was living in 12 Kinder Street in 1938 and who was in 40 and 42 Gregson Street ?

Thank You . Terry m

Re: Gore's Liverpool Directories, I have 1911 and 1938 Liverpool and suburbs

Posted: 15 May 2012 7:19PM GMT

Hi Terry M.

12 Kinder Street Stephen O'Toole - Labourer

40 Gregson Street Mrs Lucy Davis
42 Gragson Street Mrs Ellen Costello

Hope that helps.

Posted: 15 May 2012 7:31PM GMT
Well that was amazingly speedy !!! ( Is your name Mandy ? )

I thought your last enquiry was in 2005 so maybe you had stopped . I'm glad you haven't . Would you look at one more please ? maybe two ? 10 Kinder Street and 11 Fitzclarence Street .

and Thank You again , terry m

Posted: 15 May 2012 7:39PM GMT

Hi Terry,

No my name is not Mandy.

10 Kinder Street Scott Hope - Postman

11 Fitzclarence Street not listed

Jan

Posted: 15 May 2012 7:48PM GMT

Sometimes I am extremely thick ! A small look around and it's clearly " Janette " . Very sorry . Thank you very much for your help . I have spent all day today trying to find such information . If you know where I can see other later directories online ..... up to maybe the 60s .....it would help me a lot . but you have been very helpful already . My thanks again .

Posted: 15 May 2012 7:57PM GMT

Hi Terry,

No problem, who is it you are looking for?

I have a friend who has some later directories, I could send a message to them and ask them, if you give me the details.

Are you local to Liverpool area? The directories are on microfilm at Liverpool Records office, temporary library 2nd floor in the museum, William Brown Street if that helps.

Jan

Posted: 15 May 2012 9:34PM GMT
Thank you . I was away from the computer watching " Silk " . I'm from Liverpool but I live near Guildford . Once my Mum passed away I ceased having a reason to go back and that makes me sad . Been away 30 years but still it's my home . Those addresses I gave you are the addresses I am interested in . 12 Kinder Street ( and No. 10 ) . 42 ( and 40 ) Gregson Street and 11 Fitzclarence Street . They were all inhabited by different strands of my family . 12 Kinder Street was my home . I'll send you a map on which I have been working for a long time . But those are the addresses I want to look up .... or ask your friend to look up . The real piece of Gold would be a photo of Kinder Street . I don't have any and years ago when I WAS able to go to the Records Office they had a photo , went for the manila folder ---- and it was empty . Stolen . happened a lot . So i don't have a photo and the houses are long ago gone . Photos of Gregson Street , Radcliffe Street , Kinder Street , Holford Street , Bright Street , Starkie Street and Brunswick Road are what I am searching for and the Gore's occupancy records . It's all the area between the Hippodrome Cinema and SFX church .

Maybe I will get up there for one more visit but it does absolutely kill my soul to look at what has been done to the older areas . at the time some rather wise people said those old properties should be kept , centrally heated and modernised . If they had been heeded we would have some very chic areas of great personality .
If your friend can look up those addresses -- then my many thanks again .

Regards terry m

Posted: 15 May 2012 9:44PM GMT

Hi Terry,

Yes I agree with you, Liverpool has been mindlessly ripped to bits, I am in Bootle, same happening here, I lived in a very well build Vidtorian house, and that is the only house still standing in the road I lived in, now waiting for demolition.

If you want to join a site I am on and ask on there for the directory look-ups, my friend is a member of the site and may spot your request and help you from there, bootlehistory.co.uk a free site to join, and very helpful people, although not directly Bootle related for you, but just the same the are some very helpful genealogists on there (me aswell) haaa. There is also the Liverpool & South West lancs genealogy forum, I don't use that so much these days (membership payable), you will get help on the Bootle site though.

Jan

Posted: 15 May 2012 10:04PM GMT
Thank you . Would you pass my addresses on to your friend for me ? I will look up that site but for now I'll shower and go sleep . I don't like to spend too much time on the computer but you just get drawn in and drawn in don't you ? Look up and I've spent 6 hours there !!!
I'll ask you another question but I won't check until tomorrow . I only found out yesterday that Threlfalls and Walkers Warrington ( the big Merseyside breweries ) kept archive photos of every pub they owned in Liverpool . So some great street scenes I would think . Do you know where those archives are and whether they are viewable online ?

........... and Bootle - I know my dad used to do some night shifts at a printing works in Marsh Lane - and I used to play football for Blundellsands !

goodnight .

terry m

Posted: 15 May 2012 10:12PM GMT

Hi Terry,

yes, I will contact my friend about those addresses for you.

Not sure about the brewery archives, I will have a look into that. Here is a great site for you to look at, you may get lucky with the street photo's pubs etc. Fantasitic website.

http://inacityliving.piczo.com/?cr=7

Nite nite

jan
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions