My ancestor was James Connick/Conick. It was also spelled Connock, Connex and Conneck as well as McConick, McConnick, McConnock & McConneck. These are the most common variations - I won't list the others!
From "History of Brookline ...", I have the following information:
James Connick in 1741 was living in Townsend, Mass. In that year, the boundary lines were re-drawn and his residence became part of Raby, Hillsborough Co, NH (Raby was renamed Brookline).
James Conick married Elizabeth Campbell of Townsend Mass in 1755 (the book also indicates he married a Betsey Campbell in 1760 - not sure if this is the same person and a typo in dates or if he married Elizabeth's sister or what!) He and Elizabeth had the following children, all born in Brookline:
1. John Conick, born 6/10/1756
2. William Conick, born 5/9/1761
3. Robert Conick, born 2/19/1764
4. Sarah Conick, born 12/20/1766
5. Elizabeth Conick, born 7/19/1769
6. Daniel, born 2/25/1772
7. James, born 9/22/1775 (posthumously)
James Conick was in the battle of Bunker Hill and was wounded. He died in Boston Jail on July 24, 1775.
By 1788, John Conick (James' oldest son) was living in Whiting, Addison Co, VT. He was there for the 1790 and 1800 census. At some point, he then moved to Exeter, Otsego Co, NY.
John Conick, married Abigail Hartshorn of Dunstable on February 13, 1782. John Conick served in the Revolutionary War and applied for a pension. On his pension application, he lists the following children:
1. Sally Conick, born about 1784
2. Polly Conick, born about 1786
3. Sophia Conick, born about 1789
4. James Conick, born about 1791
5. David Conick, born about 1794 (my ancestor)
6. Abigail Conick, born about 1795
7. Betsey Conick, born July 19, 1797
8. Cynthia Conick, born about 1799
9. Susannah Conick, born about 1803
John Conick and his wife Abigail are buried in Old Schuyler Cemetery in Exeter, Otsego Co, NY. Their son David is buried there as well - but as David McConick.
I am looking for any information on the descendents or ancestors of these people.