Search for content in message boards

African Am.Stark(s) Stock(s) Starker

African Am.Stark(s) Stock(s) Starker

Posted: 30 Dec 2009 6:06PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Stark(s)
am reposting this message,
1) AFRICAN AMERICAN STARKS
2)Joseph father James was born in GA abt 1864. Pretty sure his parents names were Solomon, Everline birth dates vary but born in GA. Also found names Atlas,Joseph, Cornelus, Fannie,Kittie,Daniel,Mary,Mattie,Nely etc...(siblings of James). Also think related to a Green and Mariah STARKS(they lived together/really close in GA)
3)James along with wife others moved to Alabama
4) Found relatives listed under all forementioned surnames
Do any of these names sound familiar to anyone? Have more names if needed.

Re: African Am.Stark(s) Stock(s) Starker

Posted: 31 Dec 2009 5:46AM GMT
Surnames: Starks, Stark
Hi.

Looking for information on African American Starks or Stark family:

Parents: Rose and Charles, born in Va may have lived in Ohio or Michigan.

Two children that I am familiar with Mary (my great grandmother) born around 1840 and Sarah born around 1836, both born in Va.

Thanks for any information.

Posted: 25 Jan 2010 4:04PM GMT
I haven't found any of my family born in Va. but I wouldn't be surprised if they did. Mary and Rose are some of my family names also have family in Michigan but I am from Ohio. Need a little more info... did Rose and Charles move to Ohio ... do you know when ....do you know any other family names( don't have to their kids) like cousins, Aunts Uncles.....

Just trying to do a little brainstorming..

Posted: 25 Jan 2010 11:42PM GMT
Surnames: Starke/ Starks
There is limited information available on this branch of our family. Mary Virginia Starke was my great grandmother, she married John Lewis in Sept. 1879 She was age 25, born in King George County, Va, parents listed as Charles & Rose Starke (this information was taken from their marriage license). 1880 Census records of Mary Starks Lewis indicate her parents were born in Va. The only other relative I am aware of, her sister Sarah Starks Newton (who married a cousin). My mother and my aunt said there was some connection to Michigan but I could never verify the informtion. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks.

Posted: 24 Apr 2010 7:23PM GMT
Surnames: Starks, Starkes, Cottingham, Williams
My gggrandfather is Robert (Bob) Starks(Starkes) who is listed in 1880 Census report as being born in VA. If any of you have any connections or ideas, please contact me. Many of his descendants share some of the same names as those mentioned on this board; ie, Sarah, Hattie, Cornelius. There is folklore that a "Mammy Cooper" would come to Arkansas to visit him. My assumption is that would be his mother, although I have no proof. She had something to do with the railroad; again, I'm assuming the Underground Railroad. Robert was born in 1860; married Ellen Reynolds. My name is Bobbie Williams Hill; Hattie Starks Cottingham is my late mother. email me at dalark1@comcast.net.

Posted: 24 Apr 2010 7:25PM GMT
Surnames: Starks, Starkes, Cottingham, Williams
My gggrandfather is Robert (Bob) Starks(Starkes) who is listed in 1880 Census report as being born in VA. If any of you have any connections or ideas, please contact me. Many of his descendants share some of the same names as those mentioned on this board; ie, Sarah, Hattie, Cornelius. There is folklore that a "Mammy Cooper" would come to Arkansas to visit him. My assumption is that would be his mother, although I have no proof. She had something to do with the railroad; again, I'm assuming the Underground Railroad. Robert was born in 1860; married Ellen Reynolds. My name is Bobbie Williams Hill; Hattie Starks Cottingham is my late mother. email me at dalark1@comcast.net.

Posted: 7 Sep 2010 2:01PM GMT
hi, my name is shirley, related to the starks family, my great great grandmother was with a elbert starks, in 1920 they lived in kentwood louisiana elbert starks and mattie starks, she was mulatto.he was born in 1881, she was born in1888, somewhere in mississippi. their children were alma byrdher oldest child, mary starks lucinda, lucille, the boys were l. c. starks, leon, jacob and elbert starks jr.mattie had another daughter lillie byrd, before papa elbert she was with andrew byrd, if yu have any imformation it will be apprechiated, keep in touch. shirley

Posted: 25 Jul 2013 6:43PM GMT
I'm Shanna Spears. My mother is Sandra Starks Spears, aka "Foot." Her father was Jacob Starks, Sr. His parents were Elbert and Mattie Starks. I have been trying to find information on our family. You know more than I do and I was wondering if you could provide more information about our history. My personal email address is Shanna_S@msn.com

Posted: 25 Jul 2013 9:23PM GMT
Surnames: starks
ok i can do that, elbert was born in franklin co. mississippi, his father name was elbert, his mother name was mary,i have a lot of print outs, i am working on mattie now , hope to have something soon, they lived at one time in kentwood louisiana, go online to family search.org, look for elbert starks, he was working at a candy co . their. i will get some print outs together and give them to yu. later

Posted: 14 Aug 2013 5:07AM GMT
I'm a Starks originally from Ohio (Cuyahoga County) Cleveland area. My grand dad's name was Robert C. Starks and I'm sure he was born in Michigan.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions