Search for content in message boards

Ancestors in Union County in 1849-1861

Ancestors in Union County in 1849-1861

J L Goodson (View posts)
Posted: 3 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Goodson, Bond
Joshua L. Goodson, from N.C., married Lenora Melisa Bond, from Tenn., in 1849 in ElDorado. They bought land and farmed until 1861 in the county. In 1861 they moved to Texas. Seeking any information about them and their children.

Re: Ancestors in Union County in 1849-1861

Phyllis (View posts)
Posted: 13 Aug 2001 4:39PM GMT
Surnames: GOODSON
Would your J.L. Goodson have a brother, Thomas Goodson, who migrated to
Bledsoe Co, TN around 1830 or 40? He married Sarah and had 4 boys and 1 girl?
I think he is my ggg grandfather. Any connection? I haven't been able
to locate where Thomas came from before Bledsoe.
Thank you.

J.L. Goodson (View posts)
Posted: 22 Sep 2001 8:32PM GMT
Surnames: Goodson, Bond
My ancestor in Union County was Joshua Lee Goodson. The only data that I have about him prior to 1850 is as follows-
He was born in N.C. March 7, 1818. In the 1880 US Census he says the his father was born in Scotland, and his mother was born in N.C.. He married Lenora Melissa Bond in 1848 in Eldorado Township, Union Cnty, Ark. I find a J L Goodson in tax rolls in Union County Ark in a couple of years prior to 1848. I have yet to find any information indicating that any related Goodson family was in Union Cnty., Ark. while he was there. Lenora Melissa Bond was born in Tennessee in 1831,but not sure where. Two of their boys had Thomas as part of their given name. Your Thomas Goodson could be related to Joshua L Goodson. Where did your Thomas Goodson migrate from, and did he stay in Tenn.? What other information do you have on your Thomas Goodson. Let's persue
the possible relationship. Lee

Barbara Nixon (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jun 2002 3:25PM GMT
Surnames: Goodson, McGehee
I am looking for a Mrs. Eliza Jane Goodson who married
Bluitt McGehee in Union County, AR in 1850. I do not know
who her husband was or if they had any children. She is listed on marriage license as Mrs. Eliza Goodson. She was first married to a Andrew Westbrook, and had a son named
Samuel. Have not been able to find a date of marriage, death or divorce from Mr. Goodson. Can you help?

Nita Phillips (View posts)
Posted: 26 Aug 2002 10:05PM GMT
Saw your posting on Joshua Goodson. I am searching for information on a Joshua Goodson who married Sarah Rice. Their child Ava/Ave Goodson married Adam E. Williams of Wayne Co., NC. Do not know Joshua's birthdate but it possibly could have been around 1800. Do these names match anything you have?

Thanks for anything you can help with.

Nita Phillips
email: nphil@bellsouth.net

Posted: 21 Jan 2003 10:23PM GMT
Nita, The Joshua Lee Goodson that I am researching was born in N.C in 1818. He married Lenora Melissa Bond in El Dorado, Ark in 1849. I do not know his father's name or how he got to Ark. I havenot been able to locate or identify any of his kin. J.Lee

Nita Phillips (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jan 2003 10:21PM GMT
Thanks for your reply. I will keep the response and check on the names of the children of my Joshua Goodson. If the dates seem to match I will let you know.

Thanks. Nita
per page

Find a board about a specific topic