Search for content in message boards

Smith family research

Smith family research

Rhonda (View posts)
Posted: 18 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Smith, Haight, Smead, Hughes, Olmstead, Tousley
I am looking for old photos or additional info on members of my family who lived in Orleans county. Valentine(1825-1904) and Lucy (Hartwell) Smith(1830-1904), Zardius Smith(1831-1891) and his wife Augusta (Bayne)Smith, Joseph(1859-1932) and Jessie Smith(1865-1925) who had a bakery on Old School House Rd. in the early 1900's. Lucy (Hartwell) Smith's parents -John Hartwell and Laura Olmstead. Joshua Smith(1804-1859) and his wife Jerusha Tousley. Josephine A. Smith (Joseph M. and Jessie B. Smith's daughter) married Clark Hughes and they lived in Orleans County until 1927. Also looking for pictures or any info on the Charity Rebekah(Rebekan?) Lodge which was active in the early 1900's in Holley, NY. Jessie B. Smith was a member of that lodge. Elnora Haight(1863-1927) of Elba, NY married Solomon Hughes at the county lines of Orlean and Genesee sometime back in 1880, and any info on Solomon Hughes (may have used nickname Jack). Elnora's second marriage was to Daniel Smead of Holley. Elnora's brothers were Francis, George and Morris Haight, and I know Morris and Francis lived in the Holley area in early 1900's. Any pics or info on either these people or relatives of theirs would be very much appreciated. I have the dates for these people mentioned but I am looking for more detailed information.

Re: Smith family research

Posted: 16 Aug 2007 5:39PM GMT

Wondering if Rhonda is still on the Orleans forum. Like to make contact with her regarding the Smith and Olmstead connections.

Posted: 12 Apr 2011 2:42AM GMT
Surnames: Smith
I have just begun to search this family, my mother in law is a Smith descendant. Her maternal grandparents were Lovinia & Lewis H (Hiram?) Smith Any information is appreciated.

Posted: 14 Mar 2013 5:47PM GMT
Surnames: Smith, Clark, Beck, Cooley, Ludington
I have a 7 page pdf file of our branches of the Smith family going back to St. Johnsbury, Vermont in 1795. I am not quite sure, but think that I can email this to you as an attached file if you are interested. Let me know.

Posted: 14 Mar 2013 7:14PM GMT
Thank you for your response. My email address is 2ulips at rogers dot com. Substitute the "at" with "@" and the "dot" with a period. Appreciate your help thank you very much.

Olav

Posted: 17 Mar 2013 5:02PM GMT
Once I figure out how to send the file (it is not on my computer), I will gladly send it.

Thanks for your patience.

Toni

Posted: 18 Mar 2013 12:28AM GMT
I would also be interested in this file when it can be sent,
Marianne marsarge@rochester.rr.com

Posted: 18 Mar 2013 5:49PM GMT
Surnames: Smith, Clark, Beck, Cooley, Ludington, etc
Just sent the entire file. Thanks.

Posted: 18 Mar 2013 7:20PM GMT
thank you, Toni. Unfortunately I could not open a wps file, would need a .doc file. We have been to this grave site and have a similar shot. Did you want the Seymour Clark photo? I am back in Rochester in a few weeks and will be happy to send it to you.

Posted: 19 Mar 2013 3:28PM GMT
Surnames: Clark,Smith
Yes, please sent to my daughter, Theresa, who lives in Rochester so that she can take it to her grandmother.

Thanks,
Toni
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions