Search for content in message boards

Ross Family of Franklin Co.

Ross Family of Franklin Co.

Richard Henry (View posts)
Posted: 18 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Ross

Any information concerning John Ross and wife Temperance Ferrill.John Ross b.Virginia 1754 and died in Franklin Co,NC 1815 would be much appreciated.Thankyou very much. Please feel free to e-mail me. Richard Henry

Re: Ross Family of Franklin Co.

Posted: 10 Dec 2001 5:48AM GMT
Surnames: faulkner, ross,frazier,pierce short lashell, johnson,coggins,adcox,sumner, francis,edwards
Hello
I don't know if Ican help but would like to know if you know ant falkner's that married a bettie ross and her father's name john ross and mother's name was bettie Pulkerson
that is the way it is spelled on this death certificate
it say from granville co.
Franklin co:was formed in 1779 from Bute co.
Granville Co: was formed in1746 from Edgecombe co.
Wake Co: was formed in1771 from Johnston,Cumberland,Orange
Vance Co: was formed in 1881 from granville co and Warren Franklin co.

Richard Henry (View posts)
Posted: 10 Dec 2001 12:42PM GMT
Sorry, I have never heard of Faulkner name or a Bettie Ross or Pulkerson name in my line of Ross. wish I could help but unable to.Richard

Posted: 31 Jul 2007 10:05AM GMT
Surnames: Pace,Hall, Reid, Dean/Deans,
I don't know if this is your family or not, but a William ROSS must have been in Halifax Dist., Franklin Co. NC in 1780 (or thereabout). He was apparently expected to report to the NC troops in the American Revolution. Instead he got a substitute named JAMES HALL, who went on to serve in the 2nd NC Reg. under Capts. Evans and then Yarborough--it appears the leader of the Regiment was Col. Robert Mebane. This unit fought in SC (Battle of Stone Ferry) and probably other places in a year's duty in SC. James Hall was discharged from his 12 months' duty at Ashley Hill, SC. He probably then returned to NC. He was in Johnston Co., NC in 1820.

I am researching JAMES HALL and have his pension application, which gives this information. I know nothing further about William Ross. JAMES HALL may have been a part of the Hall families of Franklin Co. NC, but not necessarily. His first tour of duty was under an enlistment in either Wake Co. or Johnston Co. NC. This was dated from the year of the total solar eclipse over NC, which occurred in June 1778. James Hall was married to Edea/Edy DELK, daughter of Jacob Delk.

Betty Pace -- bapace2@juno.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions