Search for content in message boards

William Martin, Thomas Jefferson Martin

William Martin, Thomas Jefferson Martin

Connie (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jun 2003 4:59AM GMT
Classification: Query
Can anyone tell me what state William Martin (father of Thomas Jefferson Martin) came from...I believe he was married to Harriett Martin. After W.Martin passed away, she married a Slaughter. Any Information about the Martin family would be appreciated!

Re: William Martin, Thomas Jefferson Martin

Posted: 9 Jun 2003 2:27PM GMT
Edited: 25 Feb 2006 1:47PM GMT
Surnames: Martin , Keller, Hudspeth, Lane , Cunningham, Harvey etc.etc.
I have a Martin Line, through my Cunningham , Keller, Lane,
Crocker, Hudspeth, etc. families. Violet Armentha Martin, married Washington Christopher Cunningham. Violet's father
was Louis Cass Martin. He was B: Nov. 27, 1876, D: June 22,
1934. All of my Martin's are buried in the Martin Cemt. outside
of Pineland, Sabine county texas.
I do not have a place of birth for Louis Cass Martin. His wife was Mary Elizabeth Lane. B: Feb. 14, 1853. D: Dec. 29,
1925. She was born in Texas.
Can you give me any more information about William, and
Thomas Jefferson? At least a CA, date of birth, I may have something and do not realize it. Thank you. Dolores Burton
Shreveport, La. supersix6@yahoo.com

Posted: 10 Jun 2003 11:42AM GMT
Edited: 25 Feb 2006 1:47PM GMT
Surnames: Keller, Cunningham, Hudspeth , Martin, Harvey, etc.
It look's like we connect, I went back through my Martin Line and found of course that Lewis Cass Martin was Thomas Jefferson Martin's son. That is how we are connected. Who in this line are you from?
William Cass Martin married Mary Elizabeth Lane. Their youngest daughter Violet Armentha married Washington Christopher Cunningham. And through them our line of Keller's.
Thank you. Dolores Burton Shreveport La.

Posted: 11 Jun 2003 7:59PM GMT
Edited: 2 Apr 2006 4:37AM GMT
Connie, the transcribed 1860 Census lists a Thomas Martin age 41 born Mississippi, farmer married to Rebecca, age 30 born Louisiana. They show children, one being William F. age 12 born Louisiana.

You didn't state dates of birth so it's difficult to look up. The transcribed 1860 Census also lists a T. J. Martin, private born Miss; age 43; grey eyes; light hair; light complexion; 5 ft. 6; farmer.

Kay Parker McCary (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jun 2003 6:53PM GMT
Surnames: Martin
Dolores, If I send you the index of Martin Cemetery, would you please add genealogy info to it for me. Looks like you are related to most everyone there and I have very little parent & spouse info there. Also, I have totally different dates for L. C. Martin from the index. Thanks, Kay

Connie (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jun 2003 1:10AM GMT
Hi Delores! I am sorry I am just now getting back to you. Yes, I can tell you that I have a picture of Thomas Jefferson Martin's tombstone. All I have for date of birth is 1819 and death in 1904. My grandmother also told me that he married a "Rebeca Richardson", I also have a copy of an 1850 census and it shows Thomas Jefferson was originally from Miss and Rebeca was from La. I know that my grandma talked about the "Pineland" cemetary before she passed away and also I have some old letters scanned. One written by a "great, great" grandmother who lived in Brookeland at the time of the letter. Lipscomb Norvell Martin was Thomas Jefferson's son. Let me know if this matches! And I'm interested in the index for the Martin cemetary that Kay is writing about. Please write back! Thanks! Connie

Connie (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jun 2003 1:18AM GMT
Linda, thanks for reply. Sorry I'm just getting back about this. Busy Summer. Bear with me (lol) I'm new to the "boards". I know that your description matches what my grandmother described as far as T.J. physical description. I have d.o.b. as 1819 and death of 1904 according to picture of tombstone that I have. I also have the census info you described. But everything stops at William Martin which is who the census shows as T.J. father. Thanks for your help! All is appreciated.

Connie (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jun 2003 1:31AM GMT
Kay, I am interested in the index on the Martin Cemetary also! My grandmother spoke alot about it and said it was in Pineland and another possibly in Brookeland. I know that Thomas Jefferson Martin was her grandfather & Rebecca Richardson was her grandmother. Thank you! Connie

Posted: 18 Aug 2014 2:13PM GMT
Hi, I am Steve, and I come through Thomas Jefferson Martin's sister who was Salina Martin. I know almost nothing of Salina his sister other than she married Isaac G Evans and had daughter Priscilla Jane Evans. "Jane" Evans married my great great grandfather, George Washington McGown. Was wondering if you had a picture of Thomas Jefferson and or sister Salina?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic