Search for content in message boards

Castleberry: Louisa J., Henry C., Merrill T.- From Cobb&FultonCo.GA > Birmingham AL

Castleberry: Louisa J., Henry C., Merrill T.- From Cobb&FultonCo.GA > Birmingham AL

Posted: 19 Jun 2007 9:03AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Richards, Castleberry, Herndon,
Are you related??

I am searching for anyone who might know something about the following Castleberry's.

Louisa Jane b:1834 GA
Henry C. b: 1823 GA
Merrill T. b: 1830 GA

Louisa Jane Castleberry lived out her life in Cobb Co. Georgia married to Willis Richards.

Henry C. Castleberry lived in 1860 Cobb Co. Georgia till his death in 1862. Married to Catharine Reid.

Merrill T. Castleberry lived in Cobb Co.-Fulton Co. Georgia up to 1880 then he moved to Birmingham Alabama were he died in 1890. He was married to Martha Richards.

I have failed at being able to tie them back to their parents. Do you reconize any of them?

Any insight is always appreciated.

Thanks!
txgirlmck@yahoo.com

Re: Castleberry: Louisa J., Henry C., Merrill T.- From Cobb&FultonCo.GA > Birmingham AL

Posted: 20 Jun 2007 1:48AM GMT
On the One Family Tree of Ancestry.com, Louisa Jane is shown as Lucy Jane, daughter of Mark Castleberry and Mary Polly Warren, and wife of Willis J. Richards. If this is correct, she is the granddaughter of Odian and Margaret Castleberry of Forsyth Co., Ga. It also shows her fifteen children. She was born May 5, 1834, and died in Marietta, Cobb Co., Ga. Feb. 22, 1893. Hope this helps.

Re: Castleberry: Louisa J., Henry C., Merrill T.- From Cobb&FultonCo.GA > Birmingham AL

Posted: 20 Jun 2007 2:16AM GMT
I have already seen that tree and I tend to believe the they are not the same person.

My girl technically was known as "Mary" and never Lucy Jane. I actually emailed the owner of that tree to ask about that entry and never got a response, cause it did peaked my interest. So I have no idea how she tied her Lucy Jane to my Willis J. Richards.

This is my Louisa Jane Castleberry.
http://wc.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=:229372...

I also have two of her brothers listed... Merrill and Henry which that other tree does not include. Merrill is married to her sister in law, Martha Richards.

Yet, all those Georgia Castleberry's tend to be related one way or another.

Thanks for looking... always searching for insight.

Posted: 16 Sep 2007 5:53AM GMT
Classification: Biography
Surnames: castleberry cupp richards
hi Johnna-

i just saw your latest posting/inquiry since our last "talk". I'm still trying to gain more insight into our richards/castleberry kin, too. i just wanted to correct one fact you mentioned: merrill thomas castleberry (my g-g-grandpa) died in atlanta, GA in 1890 (and is buried at oakland cemetery there), not in birmingham, AL, according to my research. pls. keep me in mind if you discover additional castleberry siblings and /or their parents.

btw-my latest research leads me to believe louisa, henry and merrill's mother was lucinda CUPP. the cupp's were castleberry neighbors in 1820s and 1830s in gwinnett and dekalb co, respectively, and henry castleberry's middle name was cupp. coincidence? i don't think so...

Posted: 17 Sep 2007 1:35PM GMT
Surnames: Castleberry, Vineyard, Foster
I just returned from Atlanta where I toured the Oakland Cemetery and as a descentant of Jeremiah Castleberry, I could not resist taking photos of the Castleberrys buried there. Tombstones included: (1) Albert Castleberry (2) Lee Castleberry (3)Merrill T. Castleberry (4) Martha (Richards) Castleberry, wife of M. T. (5)Lillie Castleberry (6)Zella Castleberry.

If anyone is interested in having copies, I can e-mail them. Contact me directly at refwallace@yahoo.com

Posted: 20 Sep 2007 2:11AM GMT
Surnames: Castleberry
You were correct about Louisa Jane. Not Mary Jane. The connection I am giving you is not proven but a Forest Castleberry showed a genealogy that fits some of yours. Isaac, son of Richard (brother of Aaron, Edward, Job, Asa and Neddy )is stated to have gone to Troy, Al. His wife was named Mary. He was father of Henry C. and Merrell T. but no mention of Louisa J. In this genealogy article, Henry reportedly married first, Margaret Reid, in Cobb Co., Ga. in 1849. Second marriage was to Catherine Reid in Cobb Co., Ga. in 1858. And Henry had a son named Zacharias who lived in Atlanta in 1907. You really need to order Dr. Jessie Castleberry's book, Castleberry & Allied Families, Vol. II as it has much more about this family including children of Henry C. and Margaret Reid. This will get you started toward your goal. Julianna
per page

Find a board about a specific topic