Search for content in message boards

RUDD Maston and Paulina

RUDD Maston and Paulina

Posted: 30 Jun 2003 2:37AM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for information on Maston and Paulina Rudd. So far we know this: William Edward Rudd was the son of Silas Harper Rudd, who was the son of Maston and Paulina Rudd. Maston and Paulina are listed in the 1850 census from Green County, KY with Silas, Barry, Edmund, and twins Harriet and Frances. In 1860, they appear in the census in Taylor County, KY, minus Silas who was in MO at that time. In 1860, Edmund was 23 years old and the twins were 13 years old. Any information related to this family would be appreciated. Thanks.

Re: RUDD Maston and Paulina

Posted: 8 Jan 2004 2:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: rudd, haynie
Wow, this is great! My father-in-law just gave me a copy of an obit for Silas Harper Rudd, whom I believe was brother to James T. Rudd, ancestor of my husband's family. I haven't been able to make a connection between the two individuals, besides a letter from Allen Rudd to ("cousin") Nannie Rudd (dau of James T.), making Allen (probably) a son of Harper.

Here are the basics from the obit - don't know the newspaper, but apparently from Miami, Saline Co, MO:
Silas Harper Rudd died of pneumonia at his home in Miami on Tuesday, 3 Dec 1901 at 2 am. SH born in Taylor Co, VA, 28 Dec, 1832. At age 12, moved to KY, in 1853 settled in MO. In 1855 married Martha Haynie, one child Mrs. M.M. Haynie of Miami. Martha died 1856. In 1858, SH married Elsie Haynie, sister of former wife, 13 children to this union. Mrs. Rudd and eight children survive. Plasterer by trade.

So, does this look like a connection between our Rudds?

Please contact me via email - mickeymac67@hotmail.com

Thanks! Michele
per page

Find a board about a specific topic