Search for content in message boards

William Whitmore

William Whitmore

John Prescott (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jul 2001 8:33PM GMT
I am looking for parental information for William Whitmore. According to the UK Census he was born in Care, Ireland in 1811 but we cannot trace this location. Perhaps the census enumerator spelt his birthplace incorrectly ? He married Ann Gorringe (nee Holman) on 11 December 1837 at the Parish Church of Reigate, Surrey, England and he died March 1895. They had at least 8 children. Any information gratefully received.

Re: William Whitmore

Posted: 18 Sep 2001 8:21PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 2 Nov 2001 9:29PM GMT
hi, i am trying to trace whitmore's, and i noticed that yours were from reigate surrey. my mum was a whitmore and born in reigate/redhill surrey, maybe there is some connection, have you any more info. would be much appriciated.
michele from devon.

Posted: 24 Sep 2001 12:30PM GMT
Hi Michele
Sorry for the late response but I have not been able to access my e.mail for over a week.
My family certainly do have connections with Reigate in Surrey although I gather that the surname was fairly common in that area.

My Great Great Grandfather was William Whitmore who appears to have been born in Cahir, Ireland in about 1811. He seems to have moved to Reigate, Surrey as a young man and married Ann Gorringe (nee Holman) on 11 December 1837 at Parish Church of Reigate,Surrey.They had 8 children: William b. 1833? at Reigate, Surrey, John b. 1839 at Reigate, Surrey who married Emily Lane on 9 October 1858 at Parish Church of Reigate and had a daughter Emily in 1860; Ann b.1842?; Mary b. 1844 ?; Edwin (my Great Grandfather) b. 24 May 1847 at Foreign of Reigate,Surrey who married Kate Meadway Leach on 12 October 1873 in Camberwell (who dah 6 children); James b. 1850 at Reigate, Surry; Joseph b. 1853; and Henry b. 1855 at Reigate, Surrey. My immediate forebears seem to have lived in and around Brixton and Lambeth until 1983. I have managed to trace a cousin George M.Will to Newhaven.

If you would like a complete Family Tree just let me know your address and I will post you a copy.

Hope this helps. If you can add to any of the foregoing the information would be much appreciated.

Regrads

JOHN

Posted: 2 Oct 2001 7:39PM GMT
hi john, thanxs for reply. i would appriciate family tree. if you can give me e.mail address, i will give my address, dont wont to put it on message board. michele from devon.

Nigel Whitmore (View posts)
Posted: 11 Feb 2002 11:26AM GMT
I am one of 7 Whitmores born to Harry Whitmorein the parish of Reigate. My father had a Brother called Bill and 2 sisters, Grace and Ilene. Their father was Harry, born late 1800's his father, I believe, was named William.
Hope this is useful, please let me know if you find a link.

Posted: 11 Feb 2002 3:33PM GMT
Edited: 16 Apr 2002 7:56PM GMT
hi think we are related, was your mother stella. please send e.mail.

Posted: 11 Feb 2002 4:49PM GMT
Yes my mother is Stella. How are we related.

Posted: 14 Feb 2002 10:56AM GMT
Hi Michelle,
If Stella is a relative of yours then we are related. Can you mail me on nw004b1676@blueyonder.co.uk
Very best regards
Nigel

Posted: 4 Aug 2010 2:35PM GMT
Surnames: whitmore,roffey,miller,curd.browne
Hi
I have whitmores from my 5 generation pedigree of granmothers and fathers. want to find info about them my g-gran susan ann kezian curd mother is sarah whitmore b 1857 from redhill surrey...her mother mary roffey b 1830 from godstone married her dad john whitmore b 1827 redhill reigate. hes dad is thomas whitmore b 1807 he died in reigate. And john whitmore b 1772 surrey died in horley,married a Ann miller b 1784 love to find out more about them and there family or whos related to these people forgot to add thomas whitmore on here was married to a susanna browne b 1809 died in reigate 1894.

Posted: 12 Dec 2010 7:31AM GMT
Surnames: Whitmore and Pontin
I have a John Whitmore in my tree who married Ann Pontin 10 July 1794 St Lawrence/Jewry & St Mary Magdalene, Milk Street London. He was a silk merchant. His daughter Anna Maria Whitmore married John Cocking in 1816 and came to Australia around 1835. I have hit a wall with John Whitmore and as there are so many of them have no idea which one he might be. I do not have any info on him except that he married Ann Pontin and was a sild merchant. This info was gleaned from his daughter Anna Maria's deat certificate. If you could help me here I would be delighted.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions