Search for content in message boards

PARENTS OF GEORGE GOFF HATFIELD

PARENTS OF GEORGE GOFF HATFIELD

Posted: 18 Jan 2007 7:05AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: HATFIELD
I JUST FOUND OUT THAT MY 6TH GREAT G-PA IS GEORGE GOFF HATFIELD. HIS SON JEREMIAH IS MY 5TH GREAT G-PA.
WOULD ANYONE KNOW WHO GEORGE GOFF'S PARENTS ARE?

Re: PARENTS OF GEORGE GOFF HATFIELD

Posted: 6 Mar 2007 4:12AM GMT
Surnames: Hatfield, Winans
Hi,
George Goff's parents were Abraham George hatfield B. 1696, Elizabethtown, NJ and Margaret Winans, Had a brother named John .

Posted: 12 Dec 2010 2:15PM GMT
Hi,
I do not believe that the parents were Abraham and Margaret from New Jersey. First, per some records, George Hatfield was from Lee county VA, not from New Jersey. Abraham and Margaret lived in New Jersey all their lives so how could they have a son in Virginia? I know the data comes from the Individual Family Collection but I think something could be wrong here.

Posted: 1 Nov 2011 9:35PM GMT
father is Abraham Hatfield. mother is Margaret Winaus.
George Goff Hatfield born in 1715 in Lee, VA.,- died in 1795 in Lee, VA.

Posted: 6 Nov 2011 11:41AM GMT
Do you have any info that Abraham and Margaret moved to VA? I found a book on the Hatifleld family in NJ, and it said that they died in New Jersey, which means they probably never left New Jersey to go to Virginia. The Hatfield family in VA went on to Tennessee also, and not back to New Jersey. That is why I think Abraham and Margaret were not his parents.

Posted: 6 Nov 2011 9:11PM GMT
Surnames: Hatfield
What book did you find this in? I would like to research it. I am from the Tennessee line of the Hatfields. My grandmother was Minnie Hatfield McGhee, her father was J.F. (Fowler) Hatfield. They are from Campbell Co., TN.

Posted: 8 Nov 2011 3:29PM GMT
Hi,
I am from the Tennessee line of the Hatfields also, from George Goff Hatfield, his son John Hatfield, his son Jonathan Hatfield, his daughter Axcey Hatfield who married a Pleasant Johnson etc. I am on vacation this week, but I will let you know the name of the book I have on the New Jersey Hatifields when I get home. Abraham Hatfield was in the book, but he did not go to Tennessee.

Posted: 8 Nov 2011 5:30PM GMT
hi,
maybe we should talk when you return from vacation!! My Hatfield line is on my mother's side and seems like all the man are named the same thing.....

my email address is: bardon844@comcast.net. Email me and I will give you my phone #, I have free long distance and would very much like to talk to you. Have a great vacation - Brenda

Posted: 16 Nov 2011 4:32PM GMT
His father was Abraham Hatfield

Posted: 8 Jun 2012 12:33PM GMT
I have seen a lot of trees that said Abraham Hatfield and Margaret Winans were his parents, but I don't believe that is correct. Both of those people were born and died in New Jersey, and George Goff was born in Virginia. I have hit a brick wall on George Goff. One of these days I would like to go to Lee County (Russell) County Virginia where he was from, and see if the local library would have any information on him. Let me know if you hear anything about his parentage. Thank you.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions