Search for content in message boards

Benjamin and Rachel Patten Grace

Benjamin and Rachel Patten Grace

Posted: 7 Nov 2001 2:08AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 26 Jan 2002 10:50AM GMT
Surnames: Grace, Patten/on, Ingram, Jackson
Seeking further information on the following family. Please contact me if there is a link. Thank you.

For Benjamin Grace I have the following personal information
Benjamin F. Grace (1758-1851) enlisted in Amherst, N. H. 1780 under Capt. Daniel Livermore. He was placed on the pension roll of New York 1818 for three years' actual service as private, New Hampshire line. In 1831 he moved to Wayne Co., Mich., where he died.

Benjamin and Rachel had one child that I am aware of named James Grace.
James Grace married Hannah Patten and I only have one child mentioned for them as Benjamin Grace.
Benjamin Grace married Sarah Jane Ingram this couple links to my husbands Jackson Lineage. They had a daughter named Carrie Grace who married Robert Davidson. Would love to share information.

Re: Benjamin and Rachel Patten Grace

Posted: 27 Dec 2001 5:58PM GMT
Edited: 13 Jun 2006 4:09PM GMT
MERRY CHRISTMAS - Benjamin Grace was the son of Joseph Grace (b. 17 Aug 1731 at Boston, Suffolk MA) and Mary Walker Blodgett (b. 4 Oct 1725 at Woburn, Middlesex MA). She was the daughter of Benjamin Walker (b. 25 Jan 1673 at Woburn, Middlesex MA) and Grace Tay (b. 20 April 1686 at Woburn, Middlesex MA). Joseph and Mary had the following children: Manuel (b. 6 Aug 1754 at Amesbury, Essex MA who m. Mehitable Williams); Joseph (b. 8 April 1756 at Methulin, Essex MA who m. Mara Sargent); Hannah (b. 28 May 1758 at Methulin, Essex MA who m. Nathaniel Williams); and Benjamin F. (b. 29 July 1760 at Wilmington, Middlesex MA) who married Rachel PATTEN on 28 Oct 1784. Rachel was the daughter of Willis Patten and Hannah Sargent. Benjamin and Rachel had eleven children all born at Canaan, Somerset ME: Benjamin (b.1786 and died young); Mary (b. 1787); James B (b. 27 April 1789 and d. 20 March 1866 at Livonia, Wayne MI) who m. Hannah Patten (b. 22 June 1792 and d. 20 Feb 1879 at Livonia, the daughter of Jonathan Patten and Martha Sawyer) on 22 May 1814 at Canaan, Somerset ME; Hannah Patten (b. 13 June 1781 and d. 20 Feb 1879 at Livonia, Wayne MI) m. Solomon Lambert 20 Aug 1817 at Canaan ME (2 known children); William (b. 1793); Abigail -my line- (b. 20 June 1796 and d. 27 May 1869 at Arabilla Twp., Tuscola MI) m. Willard Lambert about 1818 at Canaan (9 children); Amassa (b. 13 Aug 1797 and d. 14 July 1873 at Farmington Hills, Oakland MI) m. Jane Barton - They are buried at the Clarenceville Cemetery, Clarenceville, Wayne MI; Sally (b. 1802 d. 20 Oct 1861 at Farmington, Oakland MI) m. Stephen Jennings; Amelia (b. 13 Feb 1805 and d. 7 Feb 1860) m. John Grace (son of Joseph Grace and Susan Close of Boston); Harriet (b. 17 March 1807 and d. 1892 - buried at Clarenceville Cemetery) m. George Barton 29 Nov 1830 at Bloomfield Hills, Oakland MI - he was born in Tyrone, Ireland in 1804; and Darius (b. 8 Oct 1809 and d. 2 Jan 1892 at Conway, Livingston MI) m. Ann Eliza Grant (d.o. Warren Grant and Sophia Wilcox) 10 Dec 1837 at Livonia. I believe that Benjamin and Rachel came into MI around 1832.

Posted: 28 Dec 2001 2:18AM GMT
WOW!!! I hope you had a Merry Christmas and may you have a Happy New Year too!

Thank you so much for all the indepth information. This is one brick wall that you knocked down. I never dreamed to get this much information. Thank you so much.

I do have one question though. Was Hannah Patten married 2 x ? First to James then to Solomon Lambert? I wasn't sure about that information.

Thank you so much once again.

Posted: 28 Dec 2001 3:23AM GMT
Edited: 13 Jun 2006 4:09PM GMT
You are welcome. This is tricky and I remember the puzzle I had til I got it figured out. Two of the eleven children of Benjamin and Rachel Patten were: James B. Grace and Hannah Patten Grace. James B. married Hannah Patten Grace, b. 22 June 1792, the daughter of Jonathon Patten and Martha Sawyer. His sister, Hannah Patten Grace, was born 13 June 1791 and married Solomon Lambert. Some other interesting twists to relationships in this family - Solomon Lambert's brother, Willard, married Abigail Grace, a sister of Hannah Patten Grace Lambert. Another sister, Harriet Grace, married George Barton and his sister Jane Barton married Harriet's brother Amassa Grace. I have learned when sorting through Graces and Pattens and Sargents you have to pay very close attention to birth dates and parents or you run yourself in circles. Have fun....

Posted: 31 Dec 2001 11:57PM GMT
Dear Denise,
James and Hannah (Patten) Grace had nine children. They were Ellemander Grace born March 6, 1815 in Canaan, ME, Died July 3, 1844; James Grace born April 2, 1817 in Canaan, ME and Died November 7, 1893; Benjamin Grace born November 19, 1819 in Canaan, ME and Died in 1895; William Grace born March 27, 1821 in Lyons, Wayne Co, New York; Hannah Grace born December 10, 1823 in Lyons, Wayne Co., New York; Rachel Grace born September 8, 1825 in Lyons, Wayne Co., New York; John W. Grace born September 30, 1827 in Lyons, Wayne Co., New York; Newell Grace born June 18, 1829 in Lyons, Wayne Co., New York and Albina Grace born June 9, 1831in Farmington, Oakland Co., Michigan. Benjamin (Senior) and his family migrated to Michigan in 1830 and purchased Sections 25 and 36 in Farmington Township, Oakland County for $1.25 an acre. Benjamin was blind by the year 1832 as stated in his testimony for his brother Newell's pension request. Benjamin, Joseph and Manuel (Newell) Grace all served in the Revolutionary War and Benjamin was with Washington when he crossed the Delarware River and all three were at the battle of bunker hill. Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner but let me know what I can send you and I'll be happy to share info - I also have pictures of the Clarenceville Cemetery where alot the people listed above are buried. My new email address is dgrace19@chartermi.net. Hope to hear from you soon. Dan Grace

Posted: 4 Feb 2002 9:46PM GMT
Edited: 14 Jun 2006 11:08PM GMT
Surnames: Grace, Barton
I descend from Harriet Grace, daughter of Benjamin and Rachel, and William Barton.

Posted: 29 Mar 2002 8:39PM GMT
Edited: 14 Jun 2006 11:08PM GMT
I descend from Harriet Grace and George Barton. Harriet married twice after death of George. Roxann

Posted: 12 Aug 2002 7:32PM GMT
Edited: 30 Jul 2004 2:51AM GMT
Surnames: Grace ,McCall ,Patten
Would like to hear from Danny Grace.I am Barbara McCall Sinks My great grandmother was Janette Grace her father John Grace MotherAmelia , Johns father was Benjamin Grace 1758 Rev. war vet wondering if you have line to the boat ?

Posted: 11 Jun 2006 11:56PM GMT
Surnames: Grace, Coleman
Hi,

I just read your post on the family of Benjamin and Rachel Patten Grace. I am looking for Angeline Grace, born in NY about 1828 according to census records. She married Nelson Coleman in Farmington, MI around 1850. He had first married a Rachel Grace in Farmington according to Ancestry.com vital records. Angeline's father's birthplace was Mass, mothers birthplace Maine according to the 1880 Farmington MI census. I am stuck finding her parents, but I am very interested in this line. Angeline Grace is my direct maternal DNA line, mother to daughter. It sounds like your line may be connected to my line in some way.

Since you are a male Grace of the name, have you considered joining the Grace Family DNA project? It can tell you where in Europe your ancestors came from, whether you have Native American ancestry and can match your results (if you give consent) to other genealogy researchers of the name. All they test is your Y chromasome for genealogical purposes. It could link a lot of lines together for you. www.familytreedna.com

Please let me know if you have any Angeline's in any records. She is my brick wall on this line. Have you found where the Graces are from? Ireland, perhaps?

Thank you for letting me know what you find! I'd be happy to share what I have on her if you see her in your work somewhere.

Lorie Robbins

Posted: 14 Jun 2006 12:44AM GMT
Angeline Grace b. 11 Nov 1827 in Lyons NY, died 17 Feb 1915 in Farmington Twp, MI. She married Nelson Coleman 20 Jan 1850. Her father John C, Grace born 13 Feb 1805 in Boston and died 7 Feb 1860 in Gratiot County MI. He married Amelia Grace, daughter of Benjamin and Rachel Patten. John Grace's parents were Joseph and Susan (Close) Grace. Send an email with fax or snail mail and I can send documentation that will help you get over your brick wall.] lynn
per page

Find a board about a specific topic