Search for content in message boards

Hinsley family

Hinsley family

kim (View posts)
Posted: 24 Oct 2000 6:34AM GMT
My father was born in Lamar county. His father's name was William Elmer Hunsley. That is all I know of my grandfather. Any info would be great. Thanks, Kim

Re: Hinsley family

Posted: 23 Jun 2001 7:07PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hinsley
I saw your message dated 24 Oct 2000. Was your grandfathers name Hinsley or Hunsley? I have record of an Elmer HINSLEY born 1918 died 1999. Could this be him?

Steve Reese

Posted: 24 Jun 2001 3:39PM GMT
Steve,
My Grandfathers name was William Elmer Hinsley. I am not sure about dates for him. From what I have been told he was from Paris, Tx, or close to there. I have seen a listing for Elmer Hinsley in Choctaw, Ok. which is close to Paris.
I would appreciate any info that could include/exclude him as a possible.
Thank you, Kim

Posted: 24 Jun 2001 4:28PM GMT
Classification: Query
"Hoss" Hinsley, who lives in Choctaw County, tells me that if they lived in this area and are named Hinsley they were kin to him. The Hinsley's who live in Delta County (south of Paris) are also kin to him, so it is very likely that yours is also. The Elmer I have was the son of Waford Hinsley, as is Hoss. Their grandfather was William Marion Hinsley b. June 16, 1891 d May 17,1963. Of course W.M. was married several times and had 21 children.
Do you have any dates when William Elmer lived in Paris? Who was your father/mother? When were they born?

Posted: 25 Jun 2001 11:08PM GMT
Hi Steve,
As I mentioned, I do not know anything about my grandfather other than his name. My grandmother's name is Mary C. Hamilton. She was born July 10,1922. She says she met William Elmer's mother once, but doesn't remember what her name was or exactly where it was. My father's name is Bobby Doyle Hinsley and he was born in Paris, Tx. March 19, 1941. He never met his father and only knows what his own mother told him, which was not much.
My search is not to cast judgement or lay any claims. I only wish to fill in some blanks on my family tree. I have been semi successful on my maternal side of the family, but have hit a brick wall on my paternal side.
What is your connection to the Hinsley Family? Are we related? Your help is greatly appreciated. I would love to get some family history.
Thanks again, Kim
per page

Find a board about a specific topic