Search for content in message boards

Thomas Jeffers

Thomas Jeffers

Andrew Carey (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Jeffers, Gibson
Looking for information on one Thomas Jeffers, and his ancestors. Thomas came from Kerry, probably from Tralee. Born circa 1815.

Married a Miss Gibson, circa 1839, place unknown, possibly England. Thomas migrated to England around 1839, and ended up in London.

Any information/leads would be appreciated!

Thanks.
Posted: 25 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 25 Jun 2001 5:35AM GMT
Surnames: Jeffers
Regarding Jeffers, one clue to this name, which is not as far as I know a local one,

In Tralee there was a boys school named
The Jeffers Institute.
Its location was Moyderwell Tralee.
You could try writing to the Kerry County Library,
Moyderwell, Tralee, for information on it.

The location of the Library is on or near the old
Jeffers Institute., if my memory serves me.
The Institute goes back to late I89Os, not sure when it closed its doors though.
Good luck
Kerry Kate
I

Re: Jeffers

Posted: 11 Mar 2003 2:33AM GMT
I am trying to trace the Jeffers and Daleys who were exiled to the Caribbean island of St Kitts around 1655. They eventually ended up on the neighbouring island of Montserrat which to this day uses the shamrock as its official stamp.

Juliet Jeffers (View posts)
Posted: 26 Apr 2003 12:38PM GMT
I'm married to a Jeffers and coincidently, my son's name is Jamal Jeffers. My husband's parents were born in Montserrat. His mother Eleanor (maiden name White) was born cir 1930s in Dyers village and his father William Jeffers was born circa early 1920's in Ryners Village Plymouth. Daley is a common Montserratian name but I do not have any leads I'm afraid.

I hope this is of some help. Feel free to contact me should you need any further information.

Jamaal (View posts)
Posted: 3 May 2003 6:56PM GMT
Hello Juliet,
That is truly amazing. I taught in Montserrat until December 1995 when I evacuated to London for 4 days and on to the Sultanate of Oman where I now live and work. How did you choose the name Jamal for your son?
It's pretty difficult tracking the jeffers's through the century and I expect even more so now that the records are in disaray (if they survived). My Grandfather (John Henry Jeffers) had a brother we know as Uncle Willie. he lived on "hill"and was famous for his tennis court. I think he lso worked in the Post office in Plymouth. Are we talking about the same person here? If so we are second or third cousins! Where do you live now? Sorry about being so nosy but I just got back from a trip to the far east and found your reply among a trillion emails. It was the high point of my reading!
take care of yourself. My email address is:
cacique5@omantel.net.om
Sincerely,
Jamaal

Patrick Jeffers (View posts)
Posted: 22 Nov 2004 4:44AM GMT
Juliet:

When I was growing up in Trinidad I knew a Henrietta White who was a first cousin of my dad, Peter Henry Jeffers. They were very close, my father and Ms. Henrietta. She died sometime around 1979.

Apart from Henrietta White, the only other relative that I knew growing up, was Ms Audrey Jeffers the acclaimed Trinidadian socialite and daughter of Henry Israel Jeffers. I know that they were also very close since I can recall that on many instances when we visited Cousin Henrietta, we would meet Audrey Jeffers there.

It would be great to talk to you.

Patrick

Posted: 31 May 2005 1:20PM GMT
Surnames: Jeffers
Hello Patrick

My name is Susan Jeffers. My father was James R.B. Jeffers, born in Salem, Montserrat, 1928 died 1995 in England. My grandmother was Susan Jeffers. She died in February 1969 in Salem, Montserrat.
Last Saturday I was told that I had a Great Aunt that was the first famous female politician in Trinidad. The only woman I can attribute this to is Audrey Jeffers.
However, I think Audrey's parents only had 2 daughters, both of which lived and died in Trinidad and therefore I presume my grandmother was not a part of that Jeffers clan.

If there is anyone out there that has some insite please contact me. My family are keen to find any information possible.
Thanks

Posted: 1 Jun 2005 5:04PM GMT
Surnames: Jeffers Daley
Hey Jamaal

My name is Susan Jeffers. My paternal line is based in Montserrat. My father, James (Jim Jim) took his mothers surname, Jeffers, but his father was actually Joseph Daley.
I have been trying to trace family members that know anything about my dads mother Susan Jeffers. She was known as Nanna or Mary.
Last Saturday I was told that I am related to Audrey Jeffers, who was the famous politician in Trinidad. But this seems unlikely.

If you have any information please contact me.

Posted: 28 Dec 2012 4:00AM GMT
I have Daly and Daley's in my family. I am actually trying to connect the Daley's into the tree but alot of records were lost and my grandparents say that things on the island were different. People did not want to know their history or roots or do a family tree nor were they as close to all their cousins as we are in the state. So if you have any other names or dates I can match I am willing to help you.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions