Search for content in message boards

Messer Ward

Messer Ward

Pat Allison Cole (View posts)
Posted: 17 Apr 1999 9:41AM GMT
Messer Ward married Rhoda Horn bef. 1786 had about 9 children, lived in Steward Co. Tenn. after leaving Edgecomb Co., N.C. I need birth, death, & marriage dates. One daughter, Wealthy married John Weatherford and had Milbrey who married Isaac Pulley Bugg in Hickman Co.,Ky.

Messer Ward

Steve Vargo (View posts)
Posted: 23 Apr 2000 9:59PM GMT
I am also a descendent of Messer Ward and Rhoda Horn. I have quite a bit of information on the family in KY and TN and forward and would be happy to share it with other family members. I do show John Weatherford and Wealthy Ward (also have a Wealthy in my direct line) but do not have much information on that line coming forward. steve_vargo@hotmail.com

Buggs in Kentucky

Bonita Shockley (View posts)
Posted: 26 Aug 2000 10:37PM GMT
I am researching the Bugg name from Kentucky. Most of what I have found is from Henderson, KY. Could you tell me if you have anything leading to Henderson?

Bugg's in Henderson Co., Kentucky

Posted: 13 May 2001 10:23AM GMT
Edited: 30 Jun 2001 2:09AM GMT
My Gr-Great Grandfather was from Henderson Co., Kentucky. Samuel Gooch Bugg married Mary Ann Smith in 1857. They had 8 children
Rosanna, John, George, Lummuel, Ada, Mary, Mollie and William. William Tell Bugg was my Great-Grandfather. Samuel's father was Samuel Bugg born in Virginia.

Re: Messer Ward

tom kingery (View posts)
Posted: 10 Jul 2002 8:08PM GMT
Classification: Query
Find any connection with Mary Ward(Stewart Co.) who married Ashel Dancer? Some have hypothosized that Mary was daughter of Messer.

Steve Vargo (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jul 2002 5:07AM GMT
do you have any dates? I show Mary M. Ward (b. 1831), daughter of Messer Ward (b. 1798), who was the son of Messer Ward (b. 1764) and Rhoda Horn. I do not know who Mary married.

tom kingery (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jul 2002 4:41PM GMT
Mary Ward was born 1798 in Stewart Co.,TN. She married Ashall Dancer ca 1813 in Stewart Co.,TN. She died in Bastrop Co.,TX in 1853. Since Messer was born in 1798 also, maybe Mary was a sister.

Steve Vargo (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jul 2002 8:05PM GMT
I do not show Mary as a child of Messer (1798) and sister of Messer (1864), but could have missed her somehow. However, some of my information came (about 10 years ago) from Joe Ward of KY, who had done extensive Ward reserch for years. I assume that it was pretty accurate. I also just now re-read Rhoda (Horn) Ward's will (1830). She listed her children by name, but did not mention a Mary or a last name Dancer.

Re: Buggs in Kentucky

Posted: 6 Aug 2002 1:08AM GMT
I may have some information on the Bugg family from Henderson Ky. that may be of interest to you. Email me @
lolaleach@msn.com

Posted: 14 Sep 2009 6:03AM GMT
Surnames: Ward
I am a descendant of Messer Ward, and sitting infront of me is a book entitled "The Decendents of Michael Dale Ward Jr. 1840 - 1921" Since then it has been kept upto date Twice by Joe E. Ward both in 1941 and 1953. After that it was revised by Horace E. Ward in 1960. And then once more by my grandfather Alton Ward in 1971. If anyone would like information I would be happy to supply them with the dates I have.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions