Search for content in message boards

Alonzo Farmer HAYS, b. abt. 1800, SC>AL

Alonzo Farmer HAYS, b. abt. 1800, SC>AL

Nelda G. Spires (View posts)
Posted: 13 Feb 2000 6:59AM GMT
I just read an excerpt from a book called "Pea River Reflections" by Marion Bailey Brunson which contains a wonderful story about my ggg-grandfather, Alonzo Farmer HAYES/HAYS. Now I'm interested in knowing more about this man and his family. According to the book, he and his wife Mary had nine children. Among them were Ebenezer, Nevin (who was killed in the Civil War), Bill, Joe, George, Sarah (who married John M. CARMICHAEL), and Elizabeth (who married my gg-grandfather Traviz Z. HILDRETH.)
I found him on the 1860 Census for Coffee County, AL, listed as Farmer HAYS, age 60, originally from South Carolina. On the census, son William is listed as having been born in Georgia.
Can any of you share any more information with me about this family?
With deep appreciation,
Nelda G. Spires
nelda.ngs@worldnet.att.net

Alonzo Farmer Hayes

Dana Hayes (View posts)
Posted: 11 Mar 2000 11:31AM GMT
Hi I'm not sure this relates to your search but there are several things that match up with my tree. There is a Donald Farmer Hayes b. 1919, who is the son of Daniel Thomas Hayes b. 1866,d. 1939, who is the son of James Thomas has my GGG Grandfather who married Elizabeth Hendrix in Geneva County Alabama. All of us are from Alabama so there might be a connection. If you want we could get together and compare notes. I've gotten back to James Thomas Hayes who we think was originally from Georgia before he married Elizabeth in Geneva County. I hope this helps Dana...

Alonzo Farmer Hays

Nelda Spires (View posts)
Posted: 19 Mar 2000 1:07PM GMT
Dana,
Thanks for your reply. Since my original message, I've found out a little more about Alonzo Farmer Hays. He appears on the Marion Co., SC Census for 1820 and the Stewart Co, GA, Census for 1840. In both cases, as well as on the 1860 Coffee Co. Census, the spelling was HAYS. But, I'm still looking and won't rule out the possibility that he or other family members may have been listed as HAYES in other records.
Nelda G. Spires
nelda.ngs@worldnet.att.net

Re: Alonzo Farmer HAYS, b. abt. 1800, SC>AL

Posted: 23 Jun 2005 6:34PM GMT
Classification: Query
in that book, is there any information about sarah and john carmichael's children?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic