Search for content in message boards

Smalley Family Tree

Smalley Family Tree

Posted: 9 Feb 2002 8:49PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Smalley, Knoob, Browning, Baker, Bentley, Wiley
This is my first entry in ancestry information. I'll list my history as far as I can.
My name is Richard Franklin Smalley. I was born in Carthage Missouri, August 28, 1934. I have been married twice, first to Eleanor Travis(we have a daughter, Donna Marie) Then to Frances-Ann Knoob(we have a son, David James Smalley) I have five brothers and one sister. My father was Roy Odell Smalley, born February 20 1902 in Boone Iowa, Died Jan 30 1975 in Corpus Christi, Texas. He married Ethel Luella Browning on October 6 1927 in Boone Iowa. He had four sisters, Edith, Myrtle, and twins Pearl and Ruby.
His father was Albert Renaldo Smalley(I do not know his vital statistics, although he was married to Cora Baker. and I believe he had one brother and four sisters)
His father was Richard Franklin Smalley (for whom i was named) he was born Dec 16 1841 in Illinois and died in Boone Iowa about 1933. He was married to Ellen Bentley. He had 2 brothers and six sisters.
His father was Edward Smalley, born May 2 1812 in Ashland county, Ohio and died 17 Jul in Boone, Iowa. He was married to Susannah Wiley. I do not know his siblings.
His father was John Pittinger Smalley , born Nov 21, 1777. He married Elizabeth Bradfield.
I am not sure before this, but I think his father was Isaac Smalley. but then I lose it.
I would appreciate any help in going back further in this search. Thank you. Richard Franklin Smalley.

His father was Albert Renaldo Smalley

Re: Smalley Family Tree

Berniece N Moore (View posts)
Posted: 5 Mar 2002 8:46PM GMT
Surnames: Smalley
Richard, I believe that today you should stand up and shout yippy. I believe that I have your family history back to early 1600's. I was born in Boone Iowa. Hope to hear from you. B Moore

Posted: 6 Mar 2002 6:27AM GMT
Edited: 26 Apr 2002 4:52AM GMT
Looking for a William Smalley born 1748 died 1821
Married A Lydia ????? she was born 1774 died 30..11..1827

Any one any ideas

Posted: 6 Mar 2002 8:00AM GMT
Edited: 13 Aug 2002 7:40PM GMT
Surnames: Smalley, Browning, Baker, Bentley, Wiley, Bradfield, Pittinger
Ms Moore: I am very interested inobtaining your information. I just began delving into this about a month ago and although I have had some success, I am now at a standstill, so if you could bail me out a little bit I would certainly appreciate it. Thank You, Richard F. Smalley

Posted: 23 Mar 2002 8:16PM GMT
My Smalley tree has 2056 individuals (Smalley by blood or marriage) and no William with those specs; but then mine concentrate on NJ.

Sorry...

Posted: 24 Mar 2002 1:52AM GMT
Edited: 13 Aug 2002 7:40PM GMT
Surnames: Smalley Pettinger Bradford Wiley Stroud Bentley Baker
Ms Degeorge: Do you have ancestry of Isaac Smalley, born about 1740, in Piscatawy New Jersey, and married Cietje Pettinger in abt 1766? Their son, John married Elizabeth Bradford, and they moved to Ohio and continued the line through Edward, Richard etc which is my family. Thanx; Richard F. Smalley

Posted: 25 Mar 2002 12:28PM GMT
Edited: 28 May 2006 3:42PM GMT
Surnames: Smalley/Bray
I found information on a William Smalley and pasted it below for you, while searching the familysearch.org (LDS) web site. Their information is a good starting point to give you clues and head you in the right direction. As with any source, however, it should always be verified before assume it as fact.

Good luck,

Below are my search results:

You searched for: William Smalley (refine search)
Any Event, 1748, United States
Exact Spelling: Off

Results: All Sources (3 matches)

International Genealogical Index - North America

1. William <SMALLY> - International Genealogical Index / NA

2. William SMALLEY - International Genealogical Index / NA

3. William SMALLEY - International Genealogical Index / NA

Posted: 25 Mar 2002 10:40PM GMT
Edited: 26 Apr 2002 4:52AM GMT
thank you for your help I will check these out

Noel

Re: Isaac Smalley Family Tree

Posted: 26 Mar 2002 5:53PM GMT
Edited: 17 Feb 2003 8:27PM GMT
I know of two Isaac Smalleys that lived or died in Piscataway, New Jersey.

Issac Smalley b. Dec 11, 1647 in Eastham, MASS died in
Piscataway between Dec. 4, 1724 and Feb. 11, 1725. He was married lst to Esther Wood Feb 20, 1683/4 by whom he had eight children (5-sons and 3-daughters, no nmaes given).

Next he married Mary White March 18, 1702/3 by whom he had
six children (5-daughters and one son, no names given).

This Isaac had a brother, John Smalley, born Sept 6,1644
at Plymouth, MASS, and he also died in Piscataway, NJ in 1733. He married Lydia Martin Oct. 18, 1676

This is the John Smalley so often referred to as the progenitor of so many Smalleys in New Jersey, for he had 4-daughters (Lydia, Lydia, Martha and Phebe.) He also had
6- sons. (John, Jonathan, John, Martin, Elisha and Benjamin)

Johnathan's first son was named Isaac born Oct 5, 1708, married and died prior to July 22, 1762 leaving 2-sons and 1-daughter.

Perhaps this information will assist you in further tracing
the descendants of the Isaac Smalleys.

Ryan (View posts)
Posted: 12 Apr 2002 9:30PM GMT
Surnames: Smalley
Richard my name is Ryan D Smalley and i was born in Hartlepool, England. And I would like to know if you know any history of my part of the Smalley Family?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions