Search for content in message boards

Jacob Beam

Jacob Beam

Posted: 20 Oct 2002 3:11AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Beam
My grgr grandfather was jacob beam, born in Ashland, OH, son of Jacob Beam and Margaret Hornbaker. Can someone tell me if we are in the Jim Beam Whiskey line and if we are, where does Jacob (my gr gr grandfather who was born in 1832) fit in. My gr gr grandfather Jacob died in Riverton, IA in 1918.

Re: Jacob Beam

Christen (View posts)
Posted: 20 Oct 2002 4:38AM GMT
Surnames: Beam Phillips Wilson Peake Magruder etc.
Hi Donahue-
I don't see any marriage to a Hornbaker in any of the work on the line of Jim Beam, from his fahter David M. born 1833, married to Margaret Phillips. David and Margaret did have a son named Jacob, but he was born 1787 and married Mary Weller.
If your line is connected it might be as one of David's sibling's lines, then back to Jacob B, father of David b. 1802, who was the father of David M. b. 1833, who was the father of James (known better as Jim Beam).
David, father of David M. was married to Elizabeth Settle. They had Joseph, Jacob, Isaac, John, George and Wm., who could have carried the Beam name to your Jacob. I have little else on these siblings. His father, Johannas Boehm, also had 5 known sons, and probably Johannas had several brothers.
You might find an interactive search of the Beam List archives, followed by a post to the list to be worth the time.
You might also check the site of John Inman, who covers some of the earlier generations which included the Myers family. You never know what links you might find at such a place. I'm sorry, I didn't make a note of the addy, but I'm sure you can put his name into a search engine and find it as quickly as I could.

rosamilia@earthlink.net
http://homepages.rootsweb.net/~rosamili

Robert Meany (View posts)
Posted: 21 Oct 2002 2:06PM GMT
Inmans web site: http://freepages.family.rootsweb.com/~inmanfamilygenealogy/

Jacob was the father of my gggg grandfather John Beam, uncle of Jim Beam of Beam Whiskey.

Judy (View posts)
Posted: 21 Oct 2002 3:41PM GMT
Surnames: beam
Robert, was your john beam born in 1829 in Ashland, OH? I'm trying to figure this out and I am new at this so please be patient! Can you help me with listing pedigree of your John?

Posted: 21 Oct 2002 4:44PM GMT
Judy, tried to email you but for some reason server was rejecting your address:

John Beam (parents Johannas Jacob Beam and Mary Meyers) was born 05/24/1798 in Marion County KY. He died 05/19/1834 in Nelson County KY.

John married Sarah P. (Sally) Weller on 08 August 1821 in Larue County, Kentucky . Sarah P. (Sally) (parents Daniel P. Weller and Anna Margaret Firor) was born 08/30/1805 in Thurmont, Frederick County, Maryland . She died November 15, 1854 in Bardstown, Nelson County, Kentucky .

Bob Meany

Line of John

Christen (View posts)
Posted: 21 Oct 2002 10:22PM GMT
Thanks Bob! That added some detail to what I had.
Christen

Re: Line of John

Posted: 21 Oct 2002 10:53PM GMT
Christen, Have some more, will email you with information in next day or two.

Bob

Christenl (View posts)
Posted: 24 Oct 2002 5:32AM GMT
Thanks Bob...I appreciate it. Sorry to take so long responding. I don't check my email every day now. Every few days usually. It fluctuates. I'm so glad you came on and posted your site.
Light-
Christen

cherish Mckenna (View posts)
Posted: 26 Apr 2003 8:53PM GMT
Surnames: Beam
Hi! My maiden name is Beam and my family is from near Ashland, Ohio - Crestline & Findlay. KNow there is a Jacob Beam buried in Findlay.

Posted: 16 Jul 2003 7:23AM GMT
Surnames: Christen
Is Line of John in reference to John Christen born in 1810? If so he is my greatx3 grandfather. Any info you have would be greatly appreciated.

Bill Christen
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions