Hancock family of VA or WV

Hancock family of VA or WV

Shirley Russell Roebuck (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jul 2000 1:41PM GMT
correction--family of this area

Hello cousin

Posted: 3 Jul 2000 5:00PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jun 2001 11:51PM GMT
I can't pick up your e-mail address to e-mail you back direct. Please contact me at Karen_fallin@hotmail.com I've been waiting 40 years to meet you. My mother is Hazel Marie Hancock Lovelace.

Hancocks in Bland, VA

Roger Russell (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jul 2000 8:43PM GMT
It would appear that I may have found a long lost cousin. Sure hope so! I know so little about this side of my family (Jasper John Hancock) and have always wanted to know a lot more.

Hancocks in Bland, VA

Roger Russell (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jul 2000 8:44PM GMT
It would appear that I may have found a long lost cousin. Sure hope so! I know so little about this side of my family (Jasper John Hancock) and have always wanted to know a lot more.

VA Hancocks

Phyllis Eastwood (View posts)
Posted: 13 Aug 2000 9:17AM GMT
Roger,
Know how you feel about finding lost ancestors. My Hancocks were in Floyd, Perry and Pulaski Cos in KY. Very likely moved up from VA...everyone else in the area did.
Anything you can tell me? Grandpa's name was William. Only know of one sister, Sally.
They appeared in KY in late 1700-early 1800s.

Re: VA Hancocks

VE Hancock (View posts)
Posted: 2 Apr 2002 4:31AM GMT
Classification: Query
My husbands family came from Floyd County. His grandfather was Burrell, his grandmother was Elizabeth, Would these name be familiar to you?

Re: VA Hancocks

Posted: 3 Apr 2002 1:27AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 11 Aug 2002 2:25PM GMT
My Hancock's lived in Bland county,VA. Exactly where they came from is still an area of research. There isn't alot of documentation available from that early time period in that neck of the woods.
The thread you posted to was from my great-uncle's grandchildren. My grandfather,Andrew died on Oct 11,1918 of spanish influenza. His brother,my great-uncle,Jasper died Oct 12,1918 also of the spanish flu.
My cousins and I are still searching for other Marcus Walker Hancock descandents who maybe able to put some names to the faces in some of the pictures we have .
Best wishes.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions