Search for content in message boards

Allen Sanders b 1803 NC migrated to Bibb, Greene Counties Alabama children are listed.

Allen Sanders b 1803 NC migrated to Bibb, Greene Counties Alabama children are listed.

Posted: 17 May 2004 7:20PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Sanders, Henderson,Taylor, Hawkins, Coker, Gary, Putnam,Tony, Morris,Blackwell
This post was deleted by the author on 22 Aug 2013 11:12AM GMT

Re: Allen Sanders b 1803 NC migrated to Bibb, Greene Counties Alabama children are listed.

Posted: 18 May 2004 4:58PM GMT
Edited: 7 Apr 2006 7:56PM GMT
Surnames: sanders
Jo, Do you know who " Your" Moses Sanders father was? Can you tie him into the Rev. Moses Sanders or his son Moses Jr.?
In my research I've found these Montgomery County NC land entries 1878-1796 showing the following Sanders as either property owners or neighbors of property owners. Daniel, Aaron, Moses and in 1794 James, all adjacent property owners on Barnes Creek. George and Rueben adjacent property owners and Isaac . A widow Sanders is referenced on Barnes in 1783. Perhaps her husband was Aaron,wo died in 1782, Montgomery County.

Your thoughts?

Jim Sanders
jsanders@ojai.net

Re: Allen Sanders b 1803 NC migrated to Bibb, Greene Counties Alabama children are listed.

Josephine Sanders Sparks (View posts)
Posted: 18 May 2004 5:54PM GMT
Surnames: Sanders, Henderson,Taylor, Hawkins, Coker, Gary, Putnam,Tony, Morris,Blackwell
Yes, I have a handwritten pedigree that states Moses Sanders was the son of James Sanders, who was of Scottish descent. Since Moses was born about 1776 in Montgomery Co NC, according to the pedigree, I would assume James would have been born in the 1750's. I do not know if he migrated down from Va or came over on a ship from Scotland. I wish I did have this info! James was listed in the census for Montgomery Co in 1790 and Anson which was from Montgomery in 1800. In the 1790 census I noticed that he was living near: Joshua, Jeffrey, Jacob, and Aaron.(all semed to be near the same age) He was also listed near the Suggs family and Moses Steed who I understand married into Sanders family there. My Moses had the following sons: Jeffrey, who moved as a young man to Cherokee Co Ga, Allen who moved to Greene Co Alabama, James who lived around Buncombe Co, William, David Carson and my Greenberry who lived in the Rutherford, Cleveland.Polk Co NC area. A couple of the daughters married into the Weaver family of Cleveland Co. (I have a huge data base of the extended family) Twins run in my Sanders line. My dad was a twin! I have heard my Moses was named William Jefferson Moses Sanders but all census from 1800-1840 and tax records until his death, only state Moses Sanders. Let me know if I can help further. Jo

Posted: 19 May 2004 3:12AM GMT
Edited: 7 Apr 2006 7:56PM GMT
Surnames: sanders
From Anson county recordsI have a land entry reference on James Sanders obtains land from Henry Touchstone on May 4th 1761 on Mountain Creek. Book 6 Page 111. Patrick Saunders Sold land to Littlebird Shepard on Mountain Creek July 26th 1759 Deed Book 6 page 224. Patrick Sanders buys land from Thomas Cockerham on November 12th, 1767 on Mountain Creek. Book H-1 Page 333. Patrick Sanders sold to Christopher MaCrae Et. Al. on June 9th 1777. Described as “adjacent to James Sanders” Mountain Creek iflows from the northwest into the Pee Dee river in present day Stanly County (formed in 1841 from Montgomery).
With this info it would seem likely that Patrick and James were closely related. Patrick Sanders wife was Mary. Patrick and James both signed the regulators petition in 1769 from Anson County. Other Sanders i've found in Montgomery, Aaron. Moses, Daniel on Barnes Creek. George and Rueben are another family mentioned in the land entries.
November 3rd, 1778.
Henry Covington enter 150 Acres on the Goose Pond. His neighbor was James Sanders and his property line was contiguous to James Sanders upper line.

November 9th, 1778. James Sanders entered 100 Acres on the East side of Gum Swamp including the improvement he bought from Dempsey Grant, “ Beginning in a pond about 60 yards below the corner of his fence”

It would appear that your Moses Born 1776 Montgomery and The Moses / Frances who were brothers may be related. I'm working on it..

Jim
jsanders@ojai.net

josephine Saprks (View posts)
Posted: 19 May 2004 3:31AM GMT
Thanks so much for the info. I will go over it when I get back. Am going away for a few days, but will get back to genealogy when I return. I do not have a Frances in my data base but my grandfather Joseph Pulaski Sanders, son of Greenberry, son of Moses, son of James named his son Patrick.Other names that re-occur in several family members of Moses are Jeffrey, Meredith Wade Hill, and naturally my Green berry, james and Moses. Daughters of my Moses are: Susan, Nila, Lucinda, Polly Anna. Elizabeth is also a re-occuring name. Daughters of my Green are: Aquilla, Harriet, Carrow, Mary, Ellen Selena. Sons: Crittendon, Joseph, Benjamin, Casanova, My Green berry was a music teacher so that might account for some of the creative names. My Green and his older brother James Wesley Sanders looked enough alike to almost pass for twins. I have copies of old photos of each. Names in my Joseph's family are: John Willis, Oliver Curtis, Claude William. Robert, Patrick Noel, Donovan and Donald (twins) Masey, Myrtle, Edith, Ruth, Eunice, and Jenny. Keep in touch. Jo

Joyce Saunders (View posts)
Posted: 27 May 2004 7:24PM GMT
Surnames: Sanders
Reading this message the names are so close to my fam. My gr-father was William (either Henry of Stanley) Sanders & his Mo.'s maiden name was Tallie, this may even be the 1st name , & Tallie maybe a rendering of many names(Artillia, Artelia and such. My grandfa. was b. in DC but I do not know the beginnings, in the 1860 census of MD said hiis paretns were farmers in MD. However I lost the copy of the census and have not ever found the correct census since. I can't believe in all my search I cannot find the correct census.
Tell me have you any info on this line of Sanders of connection to them.
Joyce

Posted: 27 May 2004 7:40PM GMT
I am so sorry. I wish I could help you but my line is from Montgomery Co NC in the 1750's. Any date earlier than that, I have been unable to trace .except my great grandfather stated his grandfather James Sanders was from Scotland to Montgomery Co NC. I do not have any Sanders family from DC or MD as far as I know.

Posted: 27 May 2004 11:51PM GMT
Surnames: Sanders
Thanks so much for the reply. Please my message in mind in your search. Thanks, Joyce

Posted: 28 May 2004 12:39AM GMT
I do have an Area Tally who married Ancil Roe. Their daughter Hannah married John Padgett.John and Hannah's daughter Martha married into my Silver family. The Tallys were Native American from North Carolina. They migrated to Pickens Co Ga before 1850. I do not know where the Tallys were before NC. My Silver family was from Frederick Co MD. to Yancey Co NC to Gilmer Co Ga.

Posted: 28 May 2004 6:52PM GMT
Surnames: Sanders, Tallie, Tally
Thank you so much for your reply. If and when you have any more info. please share it with me. I have had such a problem finding my grandfther, any thread helps.
Again thank you, Joyce
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions