Search for content in message boards

Morgans from Armagh

Morgans from Armagh

Mary Ann (View posts)
Posted: 27 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Morgan, Courtney, Mellon, Donnelly
Looking for family of Anna Morgan who came to the US from County Armagh in 1865 at the age of 17. She lived in Bethlehem, PA & married John Courtney. I don't know if they all came over at the same time, but there was also a brother, Francis and a sister, Mary who married James Fitzgerald also living in Bethlehem. Another possible brother who lived in the same town is Patrick Morgan.

Courtney

Joanne Steed (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Courtney, Ellis, Bonner, Black
I am researching the Courtney Family. My grandmother was Sarah Anne Courtney born in Balleymena Portglenone Ireland. Her sister Agnes was born Carmegrim, Portgleuous, District of Balleymena Co. Antrim Ireland. They were two of 8 chldren born to Robert Courtney and Nancy Mary Ellis.

Morgans of Armagh

Mike Woods (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Not related by blood, but in the early 1920's my father's best friend was 'Wang' Morgan (no one knows where or what the nic-name means) lived in Jonesborough, Co. Armagh. Of possible help to you is that some of the family still lives in the area. Only descendant I know would be a young man (first name unknown) McAteer who works at the Jonesborough Primary school. His mom or aunt was Bridget McAteer,nee Morgan. Bridget's dad was 'Wang' Morgan. Hope I haven't confused you or sent you wild goose chase. Good Luck

queries inc Ellis

William Victor Ellis (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Ellis
I came accross your query re Ellis Co Armagh
My father is Samuel Ellis, born 1920 son of James ellis, married to Agnes Millar, who lived in Portadown Co Armagh.
I have not yet researched my family tree,one day soon I intend to, if you find anything interesting ,let me know.

victor Ellis

Courtney

Nancy Courtney (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Gardiner, Laughlin
My husbands great grandfather was Robert Courtney who married Anna Wilson. He supposedly had seven children, I know of Christopher, John and Francis. In the 1834 Tithe Applotment list there were four Courtney's who had land adjacent to each other: Christopher, Robert, John and Francis. This land is known as Courtney's Island and is near Portadown. His son Francis married Jane Gardiner of Ross Hill. Do you think your family may be connected to this family?

Info.re.Ancestor

Diane Taiaroa (View posts)
Posted: 11 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: GARDINER, LIVINGSTONE

Singleton Gardiner married Margaret Livingstone (1800s)
they had ten children.I have the names,sincere contact would also know.I would greatly appreciate any information to add to my family history.
THANKS BERNADETTE

Jane Gardiner

Posted: 27 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 8 Jun 2002 10:49AM GMT
Nancy, I wonder if Jane (nee GARDINER) wife of Francis COURTNEY may have been from Richhill? There's a good chance that your family is linked with ours. GARDINER/GARDNER arrived in Legacorry, now known as Richhill in the 1640's during the "Plantation".
Tracey.

elusive GARDINER's

Posted: 27 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 8 Jun 2002 10:49AM GMT
Hello cuzzie. I see you're way ahead of me. Good on you. Am so glad there's another one of us interested in this "hard to find" family. Only found this site last night and i've made postings or responded to queries on other pages. When sending queries for our family it's always a good idea to use both spelling versions GARDINER/GARDNER. I've figured out that the last generation of our mob in Co.Armagh probably used the latter version. Catch you on THE SITE!
Terehi.

Re: Info.re.Ancestor

Posted: 3 Aug 2001 10:52PM GMT
Edited: 2 Mar 2003 6:33PM GMT
Please e-mail the names of the 10 children Thanks Robert

Re: Info.re.Ancestor

Meihana (View posts)
Posted: 21 Feb 2002 11:10PM GMT
Kia Ora Diane, Meihana Makatea here i have in the past month under taken a new project building my Whanau Tree I find your surname related to mine though our Whanau from Ratana Pa Whanganui. If you have any information/links to these names feel free to contact me.

Taiaroa - Ratana

Chase - Whanagnui

Herewini - Taranaki

Metekingi - Poneke

Akurangi - Opotiki

Gardner - Matakana

Hendeix -?

Tuhi - Waikato

Tukaki - waikato - East coast

Thow - Aussie married mum who was a "Toheriri" from Waipiro Bay.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions