Search for content in message boards

Douglass families in MO

Douglass families in MO

Posted: 25 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 18 Nov 2005 8:03AM GMT
Surnames: DOUGLASS, DOUGLAS, DUGLES
My husband's DOUGLASS family lived in many different parts of MO. I have started a MyFamily site for ALL Douglass researchers whose families lived anywhere in the state of MO. If you have a Douglas/Douglass/Dugles/etc. line in MO, please drop me a line and I'll have an invitation sent to you from the MyFamily site. Thanks!

Kay

Re: Douglass families in MO

Posted: 24 Nov 2001 1:44AM GMT
Edited: 9 May 2004 9:27PM GMT
My GGGrandmother is Elizabeth Jane Douglas b.abt 1825 m. my GGGrandfather William H Hendricks 16 Oct. 1849. They had three children G.W., Rachel and Stephen. Where was she born ? Who were her parents? Any help would be appreciated. Ron

Posted: 24 Nov 2001 4:45AM GMT
Edited: 18 Nov 2005 8:03AM GMT
Surnames: Douglass, Douglas, Hendricks, Stephens, Stevens
Ron, have you talked with John Hendricks who descends on your line? John had that after Elizabeth Jane Douglas died, William married 2nd to Nancy Smith. Nancy already had six children who took the Hendricks name. The family were in Sebastian Co., AR after 1876.

I feel sure your Douglass family will connect with my husband's. Our Robert M. Douglass had a daughter Elizabeth J., but this one born about 1839, per census records. She m. James B. Stephens in AR.

I am going to send you an invitation to our Douglass MyFamily site. Sure hope you will join the rest of us trying to sort out these MO mysteries.

Kay

Posted: 21 Jun 2002 5:01PM GMT
I am searching for any information re: my grandmother "Mohitabella aka Dollie Douglas Moore" (spelling a guess) m. Frank Starr Moore. Lived in Denison, TX, moved to Carthage, MO abt 1912. Buried in Carthage, MO alongside Frank. Children, Robert Douglas, Joseph Arthur, Mary Emma, John Richard. I was told she had one sister, and 2 brothers.

Posted: 6 Nov 2004 3:15PM GMT
Surnames: James Madison Douglass
Kay, my great great grandfather James M. Douglass was born in Missouri and don't have any other information except that he died in 1830 and is buried in Wise County, Texas have not been able to find out anyother information and at a brick wall.
Thanks
Wayne Douglass Sr

Posted: 24 Sep 2008 1:05AM GMT
Surnames: douglass
I am looking for more Douglass family members in Mo.

One is William Rector Douglass.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions