Search for content in message boards

Felix McCANN & Theresa HENNAN

Felix McCANN & Theresa HENNAN

Glenys Gunther (View posts)
Posted: 27 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McCANN, HENNAN, HENNON, HENNING
My gg grandparents were Felix McCann & Theresa Hennan who married in Seagoe Parish in 1850. Witnesses were Hugh McCann and Elizabeth Hennan. Felix & Theresa migrated to Australia via Liverpool in 1852. They arrived in Melbourne in 1853, my g grandmother Mary Jane Thames having been born at sea (on board the ship "Thames".) Felix & Theresa were around 14 & 16 years respectively when they married and I have a suspision there was no family blessing. Theresa's death certificate (she died aged 31) lists her father as ...HENNING, linen manufacturer, mother Theresa Maria .....?
Various other documents vary the name to Hennon. Does any of this look familiar to anyone? Glenys Gunther, Melbourne.Australia.

McCann, ca. 1850, Armagh

Posted: 21 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 29 Jun 2001 11:41AM GMT
Surnames: McCann
I am looking for the family of Catherine McCann, born in
Co. Armagh in about 1837. She entered USA through Baltimore,
on board the Annapolis, in 1854. She was travelling with
Bridget, John and Hugh McCann, according to the NARA Passenger Lists. She settled in Alexandria, VA marrying a fellow passenger John Creegan. There were other members of the McCann family already in the Alexandria area. These may have been Bernard and Ellen McCann. I wonder if your Hugh was the same?

The Passenger Lists cite Hugh McCann (Catherine's brother) as travelling on a joint ticket with her. Apparently, at the last minute Hugh was unable to travel and his ticket was bought by the aforementioned John Creegan. John and Catherine were married in Alexandria in St Mary's Catholic Church on August 10, 1856. They had 10 children together.

If we go by the Irish naming conventions, then Catherine's parents may have been John (or Hugh) and Mary Anne McCann.

I am looking for John and Mary Anne, or whoever Ma and Pa McCann were, together with the other children of the family.

Any help about how to go about this from Australia would be
extremely useful.

Thanks

Lynne Simpson
Canberra Australia

Re: McCann, ca. 1850, Armagh

Posted: 28 Jun 2001 11:47PM GMT
Surnames: McCann
My great grandmother's name was Bridget McCann. I don't have dates but they could very well coincide with yours She married Patrick Costello and they lived in Pittsburgh, PA. I am really short on facts for them except that he died very young. They had nine children. Katherine was my grandmother. My Aunt believes she was from Armagh.

Re: Felix McCANN & Theresa HENNAN

Posted: 29 Jan 2013 4:11AM GMT
Hi I have seen some of your more recent posts and I too have links with the heenan etc and mcveity, also hatch and thompson families from down ireland We also have a teresa in our line from robert hatch 1805

William and jane heenan had son robert hatch a baker 1805 in newry down both bn bt 1780 they came vis liverpool to tassy then nsw in 1830-where are your family from

Robert had a bakery in newry pre 1830 an d his wife a mary ann thompson 1807 was a straw hat milner thompsons live dnext door to robert also in newry.

I did see a jane henning on the griffiths a business woman not sure if it was linen It was on the Griffiths valuations there are a number of hennings went to lancashire and took their business there -think there is alot ogf info on the net about them

I also found a jane heenan born 1779 to a john heenan an d mary fennell-some fennells from same area tipparary came to nsw with a roger heenan involved in an uprising

Hope we are related Could you give me some details of your line as my one of robert hatch Bn 1805 second child sophia HATCH 1830-1863 married a james Mcveity 1820-after 1874 Also on the world families ards peninsular website there are a number of mcvietys and mcveighs and many other down families

Jen

I believe and have just found some links with patrick heenan and william hatch both in same grave both died in 1880 Have enclosed details of who was in this grave also all died bt same time

HATCH, WILLIAM (buried St Patrick's section, age 53yr).
Died at CARVER ST; Buried on November 21, 1880 in Roman Catholic ground;
Grave Number 20, Section EA of St Michaels RC Cemetery, Rivelin.
Parent or Next of Kin if Available: . Remarks: .
Plot Owner: of .
Find Similar in Same Grave Same Household if Available Surname Match if Available

HEENAN, PATRICK (buried St Patrick's section, age 61yr).
Died at OWLERTON; Buried on October 31, 1880 in Roman Catholic ground;
Find Similar in Same Grave Same Household if Available Surname Match if Available

LINDLEY, ANNIE J (buried St Patrick's section, age 23yr).
Died at INFIRMARY; Buried on December 6, 1880 in Roman Catholic ground;

NOON, MARGARET (buried St Patrick's section, age 18yr).
Died at PEA CROFT; Buried on November 11, 1880 in Roman Catholic ground;

O'BRIEN, SARAH (buried St Patrick's section, age 29yr).
Died at BRIGHTSIDE; Buried on November 11, 1880 in Roman Catholic ground;

WELSH, AGNES (buried St Patrick's section, infant, age 0yr 7 weeks).
Died at POND ST; Buried on November 30, 1880 in Roman Catholic ground;

Do get in touch if relevant I too live in melbourne australia
jen

Re: Felix McCANN & Theresa HENNAN

Posted: 23 Apr 2013 5:26PM GMT
HI
I fou
MCCANN, Hugh was born ABT 1818 in Ireland; was in the 1850 census in York .... MCCANN, Hugh was born ABT 1824 in Co Down and he was in the 1911 ..... MCCANN, Hugh was born ABT 1887 in Armagh, (son of Felix McCann) was in the .nd these on american database

And these on ros davies website for down
Felix McCANN . Clonduff of Ballyaughian; leased a house & small garden in 1863 from Neal O'Hagan GV
. Felix McCANN . Seapatrick regd. Banbridge; son of Michael McCann; married Ann McDowell 25 Mar 1856

I am also interested in theresa heenan we have a theresa in our family of hatches robert bn 1805 father william bt 1780 married a jane heenan bt 1780

There is some mccanns in newry down also'I am in melbourne
best wishes
jen
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions