Search for content in message boards

Alpine Church and cemetery

Alpine Church and cemetery

Posted: 13 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 Feb 2003 2:49AM GMT
Surnames: HEADEN, VEAZEY
Looking for burial site of Matilda Veazey Headen - husband James Headen was a deacon at Alpine Baptist Church. James died 1882 and is buried at Headen Cemetery but no tombstone exists there for wife Matilda. Is Alpine Baptist church still functioning and would they have records about this Headen family?

Alpine Church

Posted: 14 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 7 Nov 2002 11:39PM GMT
Surnames: TANNER, SPRADLEY, JOHNSON, BALDWIN, SAMMONS, DESHAZO, LEACHE, CARD, DAVIS
I have ancestors (TANNER) buried in the Alpine Church Cemetery and visited it in 1998. The church at that time looked like it was still in use.

Alpine Baptist Church

Cynthia Wilson Harrison (View posts)
Posted: 29 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Wilson, Estill, Welch, Tarrant
The Alpine Baptist Church of Talladega County has published a book of its minutes from its founding to the early 1980's I believe. It is called "The Tie That Binds". It contains membership rolls, records of letters issued, baptism dates, receiving dates of new members including slaves with name of owner and/or plantation. The burials in the church cemetery are also transcribed.

WELCH FAMILY

CHARLETTA WELCH (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: WELCH
I WOULD LIKE INFORMATION ON THE TIE THAT BINDS AT THE ALPINE BAPTIST CHURCH IN TALLEDEGA, AL. MY GRANDFATHERS NAME WAS WALTER WELCH.

Re: WELCH FAMILY

Posted: 30 Jan 2002 2:33AM GMT
Edited: 3 Jun 2002 2:15AM GMT
I have purchased this book and checked for Walter. I see only a W.B. Welch and W.W. Welch listed. Please email me directly....Cheryl

Posted: 12 Jan 2005 5:01AM GMT
DO YOU HAPPEN TO HAVE A LEANDER WELCH OR L.S. WELCH FROM NEWNAN GEORGIA LISTED IN YOUR BOOK?

Cheryl (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jan 2005 11:45PM GMT
All I see is L.W. Welch p146 dated 8/7/1880 - The door of the Church was opened. BRO L.W. Welch presented his letter of dismission from the Marion Church & was received. There are several Welch's listed in the index, but not Leander or L.S. I checked for burial records at the Alpine Cemetery, but none are listed.
Cheryl

Posted: 21 Mar 2012 10:18PM GMT
Surnames: LEE, MORRIS, ODEN, SAVAGE
Hi,
If you are able to check the book, "The Tie That Binds," I would appreciate it if you could tell me if you find the following names: LEE, MORRIS, ODEN, SAVAGE.

My great great grandfather was Rev. Daniel Savage and he preached at several churches in Talladega.

Thank you.
Denise
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions