Search for content in message boards

Bradshaws of Bastrop Co.,Texas

Bradshaws of Bastrop Co.,Texas

Posted: 18 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 22 Jun 2003 9:16PM GMT
Surnames: Bradshaw, Awalt, Graham, Scarborough, Clayton, Walker
We know the Bradshaws and Awalts were in Tennessee together,then Arkansas,and by the end of the Civil war on to Bastrop Co.,Tx.I am looking for information on Margaret Elizabeth Graham who married William Bradshaw.I am looking for information on Mary Emma"Molly"Scarborough who married George Awalt.This is my husbands line .Mine is Clayton,Stephen Clayton who married Elizabeth Shadix in Ga.wound up in Linden,Cass Co.,Tx.,but on their way lived in Bastrop Co.,as well as McCulloch Co.,I know the Walker sir name is tied into my line somewhere too.I think it is Marinda Walker.Any help on any line would be greatly appreciated.Please E-mail me at Mbrad11035@aol.com.

Re: Bradshaws of Bastrop Co.,Texas

Posted: 22 Apr 2002 7:05PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jan 2003 10:41PM GMT
Know it's been 3 years since your message but I thought
I would reply.

There are some Bradshaws who married into the Rhoades
clan and some of them migrated from Tennessee to Arkansas
to Bastrop cty. Texas. Other related surnames are
Freeman, Walker, McCleskey, Gould.

Jack Walker

Posted: 29 Apr 2002 12:11AM GMT
Edited: 22 Jun 2003 9:16PM GMT
Surnames: Bradshaw / Rhoades
I am very interested in the Rhoades family. Samuel Bradshaw married Nancy Rhoades in 1804 in Davidson County, Tennessee.They had four children. Elijah or Elisha, William, Elizabeth, and Rebecca. In 1830 they lived in Tishomingo, Mississippi. After the battle of Dancing Rabbit Creek They moved back to Tennessee. This family moved to Arkansas, and on to Bastrop County, Texas. AAny information would be greatly appreciated.

Jack Walker (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jan 2003 7:15PM GMT
Surnames: WALKER, CLAYTON, LOFTIN, TRUSS, ALLEN, RHOADES, BRADSHAW, YATES, FREEMAN, SCHUBERT, MCCLESKY, GIBSON, MORGAN
Joyce,

We've corresponded concerning the Rhoades & Bradshaws but
I had no idea that you were tied into the Walkers. This is especially interesting since the name Clayton is a Walker family name. My grandfather was Carey Clayton Walker, son of William B. and Mary Winfred Loftin Walker. Wm. was born c. 1853 (there are some variations in documentes) the same with Mary (1861 or 1864) Wm & Mary were married in Bastrop cty. in 1880. Mary's family is related to the Truss's. All of these families along with the Freemans were in precinct 8 of Bastrop county (close to Red Rock) or across the line in Caldwell (along with the Yates who were interemarried with the Rhoades before they came to Bastrop from AR).

Does any of this ring any bells?

Thanks,

Jack

Jack Walker (View posts)
Posted: 3 Feb 2003 4:41AM GMT
Joyce,

We've corresponded before about the Rhoades & Bradshaws.
Other related surnames are the Yates (EJ#2 "Jeff" married 5 times-the last wife, Susan Yates had 2 kids who married 2 of his and they all came to TX together. My g-grandfather EJ # 3 "Lish" married Tex Ann Feeman. My grandmother was Trudie Pansey Rhoades Walker who married Carey Clayton Walker. He was
descended from William B. & Mary Winfred LOFTIN Walker.
I have been able to trace Mary's family. Her mother was a TRUSS. She is listed on the 1880 census in Bastrop cty. along with her siblings as living with her uncle, Thomas R. Truss and grandmother Francis A. Allen who I am assuming had remarried.

Now Clayton is not exactly a common name. I am thinking that my grandfather (who passed it along to me) got it from a family to which the Walkers were intermarried. EJ has been passed down ALL over the geneological landscape.

Another interesting thing is that Rhoades, Yates, Freemans, Walkers, Loftins,. Truss's, Goulds (one of the Goulds was a Rhoades) ALL lived in or around Red Rock (precinct 8) or across the line in Caldwell county.

I am having a devil of a time finding William B's family. He said in the 1900 cenus that he was born in Sept. 1853. That's also the date on his tombstone in Lometa, Lampassas cty. cemetery. I have a William in Bastrop cty. 1880 census but the date is 1859 and the states of the parent's birth don't match up with 1900. If the Claytons were around, maybe they're related.
He states that his father was born in TN, his mother in NC.

I have slews of Rhoades stuff and names of family members also doing research and some pics.

Do you hear any echo's here with the Walkers and Claytons?

Thanks,

Jack

Posted: 7 Jul 2007 7:59PM GMT
Glad to see your post. I am decended from the Rhoades,
Bradshaw to Awalt then to Bowen. Rebecca Bradshaw married George Awalt, their daughter Elizabeth Awalt married my gg grandfather John Wriggs Bowen. They were in Bastrop County,Texas. Iould be happy to hear from you as I don,t even know enough names. I know the name Rhoades and that we are suppose to be from Choctaw indians.
I would love to hear from you to see if you could help with my family. e-mail is- bushs@cebridge.net
Sincerly, Jackie Bowen Bush

Posted: 7 Jul 2007 9:45PM GMT
Jack, I'm still out here trying to find Nancy Bowen's ancestry. FYI: Two Rhoades sisters married Gould brothers.

Do you have the names of Elisha Jefferson Rhoades' five wives? I only know of three.

Sure wish we could pool our information.

My e-mail is mildredv@austin.rr.com

Posted: 7 Jul 2007 11:35PM GMT
Surnames: Bradshaw
Genealogy is so fascinating to me. I've worked for over 30 yrs. on this Bradshaw line. A couple yrs. ago lightening hit my computer my genealogy was on. I lost everythig. I had The Family Tree Maker and had the same computer since 1990. My files were backed up but most was on 3 1/4 floppies. I was without a computer about two yrs. Now everything is CD'S or DVD'S. My backed up information is obsolete. I haven't had the heart to start over. I do have some paper trails as thats how I started. It's good to read the post. I am very interested in the Bradshaw of Bastrop.

Posted: 5 Aug 2007 8:57PM GMT
Surnames: Bowen
Hi Jackie,
I was very interested in your mentioning your gg grandfather John Wriggs Bowen--who is mine also. I am trying to find info past him. My grandmother was Bertha Bowen Greenwood Davis; her father, Louis Simms Bowen. Could you direct me beyound John Wriggs?
Thanks, Judy

Posted: 20 Sep 2007 4:37AM GMT
Surnames: Bowen, Bradshaw
Judy, it is so good to hear from you. I do not know the names of John Wriggs Bowen was. I sure wish I did.
Would you send me your e-mail address ,phone number or mailing address. maybe we can help each other.
I have some info on the Bradshaws i just got in Oklahoma.
Thanks, Jackie Bowen Bush

My e-mail-----bushs@cebridge.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic