Search for content in message boards

General Wilkinson - Parob or Parole

General Wilkinson - Parob or Parole

Posted: 29 Nov 2012 6:02PM GMT
Classification: Query
Can anyone help with coding these orders? Is this Parob or Parole, and is it a first name or a rank? And what are the other two ranks listed?

Charlotte
Attachments:

Re: General Wilkinson - Parob or Parole

Posted: 29 Nov 2012 7:43PM GMT
Edited: 29 Nov 2012 7:43PM GMT
I can't see any ranks on your screenshot, sorry, where are the "other two ranks" that you are asking about?

Parole - according to my dictionary it can mean "officers' daily password in a camp or garrison" and below that where it says C Sign it is short for Call Sign because I have seen it in full on some of the order entries. I'm not sure what Call Sign meant in this context, but neither the Parole nor the Call Sign would be a name that we need to key.

Posted: 29 Nov 2012 8:21PM GMT
WOW! I was thinking the C Sign and G Gngn was some weird abbreviation for ranks that I had never heard of. So basically this is just updating the daily passwords and call signs which just happen to be common names like Ross and Wolf. Because everything on this page is like that this is a cover page then and I have nothing on it to input. You saved me lots of input errors. Thank you so much!

Posted: 7 Dec 2012 4:05AM GMT
I know it's way too late, but I stumbled across this in the NARA description.

Attachments:

Posted: 7 Dec 2012 8:03AM GMT
Ah, so it's "countersign", not "call sign" - presumably the response to the password.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic