Search for content in message boards

Baldwin Homestead

Baldwin Homestead

Posted: 18 Jul 2007 7:42PM GMT
Classification: Query
Can someone give me directions from London, Kentucky to a farm that was owned by Robert E. & Eliza Baldwin and then owned (or lived in) by James D. Baldwin, Sr. & Zula Baldwin off of Ky 1956 (Somerset Road). My father, James D. Baldwin, Jr., tells me that during the Depression he lived there and it was close to the Rockcastle River and "Ma Whitaker's" place.

Thanks,
Marsha

Re: Baldwin Homestead

Posted: 20 Jul 2007 6:08AM GMT
hi! i had basically the same problem searching for browns mission christian church in manchester in clay county. i kept searching for it on the internet, and googled the hwy # and the mile marker, and still didn't get any results. i took off up there (i live in anderson county, tenn)one day with my aunt and stopped in manchester at the rite-aid and asked one of the girls in there. no one in there knew where it was at, but a lady just happened to walk in that worked at the court house in the tax office. she told me exactly how to get there. i knew it was close by, and was so close...but so far!
i also found pine hill cemetery in corbin by stopping at the city hall. i figured i could ask a policeman or ambulance driver...i found the tax man that pointed straight to in on one of his wall maps! in both of these instances, i was just mere miles from where i wanted to be!
so, google might help, but if it doesn't, you can try the city hall or the court house. you just KNOW the tax people will be able to find it! best of luck to you and let me know how it turns out! blessings, angelia

Posted: 20 Jul 2007 11:47AM GMT
How are you look foe at Browns Mission Cemetery i no loe that in thair Edith Ball byrdball@aol,com

Posted: 20 Jul 2007 12:07PM GMT
Angelia,

Thank you very much for your response. I have already been down that road with the Laurel County PVA, etc. The earliest plat map was early 1950's and since I am looking more like 1930, that is not going to help me. I have spoken to a forest ranger in the Daniel Boone National Forest, and he told me he knew exactly where "Ma Whitaker's" place was. He is going to try to see if my family sold their land to the U.S. Forestry Service.

Thanks & Happy Hunting,
Marsha

Posted: 20 Jul 2007 10:29PM GMT
My husband and I discussed the location of the Ma Whitaker place and wondered if it's in Pulaski or Rockcastle County. The 3 counties come pretty much together where 1956 crosses the Rockcastle River.

My husband was raised up Buffalo, about 2 miles from the Rockcastle River, his materal grandmother was Sallie A. Whitaker Renner.

There was an old Whitaker house which burned a couple of years, teenagers had been using it for a hangout of sorts.

Posted: 10 Nov 2011 1:33AM GMT
I am trying to find info on my great grandmother Martha Ann Baldwin married to Sam Moore Laural County Ky EastBrenstadt, go to find a grave.com it will give U alot of the roads down there.

Posted: 11 Nov 2011 3:30AM GMT
I am the gr gr grandaughter of John R. Baldwin and Margaret Howard. Martha was the young sister of my gr grandfather Robert Ewing Baldwin. Margaret Howard was the second wife of John R. His first wife was Rebecca Howard and sister of the above Margaret. He and Rebecca had three children. She died and John R. Baldwin married Margaret Howard. They had 12 children. John R. was the son of John Milton Baldwin and Elizabeth Seale. Margaret and Rebecca Howard were the daughters of John F. Howard and Elizabeth Mark.
Samuel Moore was the son of Lewis Moore and Margaret Angle. Lewis was son of James Moore and Elizabeth Mooris. Margaret Angel was the daughter of James Angel and Elizabeth Cunningham

Judith Baldwin Campbell
thejcoriginal@aol.com

Posted: 11 Nov 2011 11:07PM GMT
I want to thank U very much on the info U gave me. A friend in Lexington works for the school system and she had made a book for my brother and sisters, another thing is that I am married to a Morris and my cousin who is a Moore also married a Morris in southern Indiana.. My sister married a Wilson which was my mothers maiden name, and what we found was that they are also related, from Hazard Ky. My grand mother was Betty Margaret Moore Sam's daughter, she married Lee Wilson and the married William Wild Bill Turkey Foot Moore which was her 3rd cousin, and had several children, 2 are still living in Richamond soss. Most of my cousins on the Moore side live there. The Harris side lives in Ohio. My grandfather Jesse Harris married Margaret Holt- Jane McWhorter is her mother, Jesse father William and Sarah Elliot Harris. I am glad I spent almost all evening on here last night leaving messages..I can send U pic of Martha and Sam.

Posted: 12 Nov 2011 2:08AM GMT
Ella,
Betty m. Moore was also married to a Butler and and when she died she was married to Homer Edwards.
If you need more info on the Baldwin, Harris or Eliott lines email me direct.

Judith Baldwin Campbell
thejcoriginal@aol.com

Posted: 16 Nov 2011 3:18AM GMT
I knew she married after Homer passed and then had it anolled because she couldn't get Homers black lung pension.
Attachments:
per page

Find a board about a specific topic