Search for content in message boards

genealogy searching for family

genealogy searching for family

beverly mcbrayer (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jul 2004 9:11PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: mcbrayer / lane / williams /holland / weddington / lane
looking for any information you might have with these names in connection to rome/wax/lindale georgia. i had family there years ago and am hoping to make a connection. the following is a list of names. if you know of these people or family of them please contact me.

andrew erwin mcbrayer /nancy ann leathers
samuel marion mcbrayer /campie weddington
nancy ella agnes mcbrayer / william t. "doc" may
charles l. mcbrayer / ella holland
hannah mcbrayer / c.w."bud" williams
henry grady mcbrayer sr / ola mae wright
pearl glendora mcbrayer / john l. lane

thanks for your time and effort in this matter.
patrick mcbrayer
mcbrayer631@adelphia.net

Re: genealogy searching for family

Posted: 23 Aug 2004 4:08AM GMT
Edited: 19 Mar 2005 4:58AM GMT
I am not sure of this for certain, but Charles McBrayer and Hannah McBrayer sound familiar. My Grandmother was a McBrayer from Rome, GA. Her name was Joyce McBrayer and married my grandfather Herbert Raines.

From what I know some of the McBrayers from Rome and Lindale were involved with the McBrayer Furniture stores and company. This is the McBrayer line I know some of and can find out about.

I will check my grandmothers line, as well as with my father and get back with you on the names, they do sound familiar.

beverly mcbrayer (View posts)
Posted: 23 Aug 2004 9:44PM GMT
chris,
thanks for the info, i appreciate anything you or your grandparents can add to what i have. hannah mcbrayer(born 1881) married a c.w. "bud" williams. charles mcbrayer (born 1874) married ella elizabeth holland. he died in a railroad accident in 1902 ; supposidly his family , his wife and 4 or 5 kids died in a housefire. i did find a newspaper article about the railroad accident but not the housefire. i am distantly related to the mcbrayer furniture people. but i have been told that millie ruland, a mcbrayer before she married ,still goes into the furniture stoe some and she could tell me alot. my line goes like -- andrew erwin mcbrayer / nancy ann leathers; samuel marion mcbrayer / campie weddington; henry grady mcbrayer sr / ola mae wright ; henry grady jr / dorothy kilpatrick.
hope to hear from you soon.
thanks so much, patrick mcbrayer

Posted: 18 Jan 2005 10:38PM GMT
thanks for your reply to my email. i am still researching the family history in my spare time. i believe the mcbrayer's of the furniture store in rome are distant cousins. i am trying to locate anyone who knew samuel marion mcbrayer and his wife campy. or possibly have a picture of them. i came across some old photos but wouldn't know for sure if they are in any of these photos. thanks for your time.
beverly mcbrayer

Posted: 1 Aug 2005 1:18PM GMT
Edited: 1 Aug 2005 1:21PM GMT
Surnames: McBrayer
Dear Patrick or Beveryly

I am a direct descendent of Andrew Erwin and Nancy Leathers McBrayer. I have a contacted a distant cousin from Georgia. She has shared alot of information on the McBrayers. Also we have a family historian that can give you alot of information too. please contact as soon as you read this message.
Cindy Bush

Posted: 1 Aug 2005 9:33PM GMT
Edited: 28 Jun 2006 12:51AM GMT

cindy,
thanks so much for your reply. which one of the children of andrew erwin and nancy ann leathers is your relative ?? i would greatly appreciate any info you have. you can send it to my email addresses or mail it to our home, 737 beavers road, canton, ga 30115. i will gladly reimburse you any costs.
there is a family reunion every summer of the descendants of andrew and nancy ? were you aware of that ??
thanks , beverly mcbrayer
bevmcbrayer@gmail.com or mcbrayer631@yahoo.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions