Search for content in message boards

Robinsons,Youngs,Crosbbys and Duffs of Killyleagh

Robinsons,Youngs,Crosbbys and Duffs of Killyleagh

Posted: 28 Jul 2002 2:54AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 16 Jul 2003 2:28AM GMT
Surnames: Robinson,Young,Crosby.Duff families
Two families of Robinsons,one Church of England the other Presbyterians, lived within !/4 mile of each other in Corporation and Mulloch townlands before 1840.The Church of Ireland family emigrated to Canada in 1842 with no known members left behind except those in the church's cemetery.I am attempting to discover if there was any relatioship between the two families and also learn more about the Robison men and wives from the Young, Cosby and Duff families.Any help would be much appreciated.

Re: Robinsons,Youngs,Crosbbys and Duffs of Killyleagh

Posted: 6 Oct 2002 10:29PM GMT
Surnames: Robinson, Hewitt
The "church of Ireland" Robinsons who immigrated to Canada in 1842 interest me. Do you know their names?
Thanks,
M.Harrison

Posted: 7 Oct 2002 5:30PM GMT
Yes,Michele-Thanks for the call in reply to my query-their names were Joseph, Thomas, Robert, William, John, Jane and their mother Mary.

Posted: 7 Oct 2002 6:01PM GMT
Surnames: Robinson
Thank you,
Do you know anymore details of these Robinsons? For instance do you know where they settled, their marriages,ages, etc. Who was the father? My ancestors settled in Quebec, and I am investigating the names John and William. My ancestor John William Robinson was born in 1846 in Argenteuil county, Quebec, and later married into the McKnight family themselves immigrants from Drumondoney, Co. Down.I am not sure of his father's name as yet.
In another branch of this tree we have ancestors named REA or McREA from Killyleagh.
Thanks,
Michele

Posted: 7 Oct 2002 9:10PM GMT
I see no connection.I know the complete history of my family with the exception of John.Mine came to Middlesex County, Ontario and to the best of my knowledge none went eastward from Ontario.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions