Search for content in message boards

Henry Jefferson - North Yorkshire

Henry Jefferson - North Yorkshire

Posted: 7 Oct 2003 2:33PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 19 Oct 2006 4:11PM GMT
Hello,

Just wondering if anyone out there has a Henry JEFFERSON in their tree.

A Thomas HARRISON married Hannah MEAD on 12th June 1841 at Danby Parish Church ... and the certificate shows that Thomas' father is a Henry JEFFERSON.

The IGI does show a baptism entry for a Thomas HARRISON in Hinderwell on 4 Aug 1814 to a Mary HARRISON (a good possibility as the 1881 Census states his place of birth as Hinderwell).

There is also a subsequent possible marriage entry for a Mary HARRISON and a Henry JEFFERSON but this is 8 or so years after Thomas was born: 6 Apr 1822 at Hutton Bushel. Again this may be a co-incidence.

As the marriage [Thomas & Hannah's] took place a week or so after the 1841 Census was taken, the place of residences should be pretty accurate.

Thomas was shown as living at Upsall. No trace of him in Upsall (nor of Henry/Mary) ... but there is a faint trace (and by this I mean the writing on the census page is extremely faint!!) of a Thomas Harrison in Glaisdale at the time of the 1841 Census (this is where Hannah Mead & family were living). He is an Ag Lab ... and the age is wrong as this one is only "15" (15-19), but the co-incidence is that a female Jefferson (possibly Margaret) aged "25" (so 25-29) is working in the same household as a Female Servant.

If anyone has any info (or pointers) that can put me on the right track, I would be very grateful.

Karen

Re: Henry Jefferson - North Yorkshire

Posted: 24 Sep 2013 7:27PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi I do have Henry Jefferson in my family tree - b.1703 Hutton Bushel and b.1752 Hutton Bushel , however he married in Hull in 1778 , but as far as I know his siblings remained in N.Yorksire in the Hutton bushel area -brothers were William b.1735 , Junior b 1739 - could be related to one of these. I have info going back further if it is of any use.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions