Search for content in message boards

coles in alabama

coles in alabama

Posted: 12 Mar 2004 10:09PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: cole, armstrong, crane, goff,
looking for Martha Cole born abt 1842- she had a daughter sarah elizabeth cole who married Earnest Lewis. I have Martha Cole living with her daughter sarah and earnest lewis in a 1910 Census. Who was marthas father and mother who was her husband.

Any Help At all Would be helpful.

Ed Armstrong

Re: coles in alabama

Posted: 15 Sep 2004 12:09AM GMT
Surnames: Cole, Fincher, Green, Smith
Hi, I can't help you with your Coles specifically, but i am related to some Coles in North West Alabama (Winston County) My Grandpa's name is James Mansel Cole Sr. and his Dad's name was Monroe Cole (Father Monroe or Father Mon, buried at Sardis Baptist Church). One of my cousins had the genealogy on some of the Coles prior to Monroe, but I can't find notes!.

Great Uncles (Monroes kids) include Neal Cole, Gurt Cole, Herb Cole.

Hope this helps,

ShirleyAnn Cole

Re: Eli Cole, b. 1790 N. C., wife Hester Fincher, S. C., 1850 Lincoln Co., TN

Posted: 15 May 2009 4:53PM GMT
Surnames: Wheeler, Cole, Fincher, George
I am a descendant of William Wheeler (1827-1866) and Jane Cole (1828-1872). In 1850 they were living in Lincoln Co., Tn. next to the Eli Cole family. My Wheeler family notes were now starting to make sense. They show an Eli Cole, (d. 1854) and wife Hester Fincher (d. 1858), who appear to be the parents of Jane Cole.
This information also shows lists Francis Fincher (1765-1846) and Elizabeth Bishop (1771-1805), who apparently are Hester's parents. I am seeking any further inforamtion about these people.

Posted: 7 Jun 2009 10:12PM GMT
Are your William and Jane Wheeler the same folks on the 1860 Grayson Co., Texas census, then Jane Wheeler with her sons on the 1870 Grayson Co., Texas census; with possible Jane's sons William and Robert on the 1880 Cooke County, Texas census with a sister Margaret Bohanon and her daughter Viola?

Where do you have your line on the 1880 census?

Posted: 8 Jun 2009 7:01PM GMT
Yes, they were in Grayson County, Texas in 1860. Notes state that William Wheeler died 2/27/1866. That is Jane in the 1870 Grayson County census. Family notes state that Jane Wheeler died 8/24/1872. I don't know where they are in 1880. Maybe you have found something very important here! Their son, John W. Wheeler, b. 1851, married Martha Jane George. Martha died 7/31/1877, location not mentioned. John and Martha had a son James (my gr. grandfather) who was born at Van Alstyne, Grayson County, Texas in 1872.

Posted: 9 Jun 2009 1:25AM GMT
Surnames: Hestand
There is another researcher who has Mary Bell Hestand who married Robert Drue Wheeler 1888, possibly Cooke Co., TX. The August 1944 obit for Mary Bell Hestand Wheeler being buried in the Hewitt Cemetery near Wilson, Carter Co., Oklahoma, but there is no marked grave for her there. There is an index for burials, dates for all marked graves in Carter Co., OK done by Bill Hamm on the Carter Co., OK genweb archives--there are a few marked graves for Wheeler in the cemetery including one for William Monroe Wheeler from Texas--connected? I don't know. But you have a little bit more information.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions