Search for content in message boards

Kitchens/Brown Cemetery, Jasper Al.

Kitchens/Brown Cemetery, Jasper Al.

Posted: 3 Sep 2003 3:20PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Kitchens, Brown
I need help! I am searching for a picture or a list of the graves located in the Kitchens Brown Cemetery which is located off Holly Grove Road. What's left of this cemetery sits on a small rise behind a house trailer. Ther are maybe three stones remaining, with one of them being my great great uncle Christopher Columbus Kitchens. I aneed a picture or documentation ofthe graves before they were destroyed, as this is where my ggg Grandfather, James Matlock Kitchens Sr and his wife Sally Brown are buried. Can anyone please help....I have been searching for so long. Contact me, Karen Kitchens Murphy @ BigMurph1@msn.com.

Re: Kitchens/Brown Cemetery, Jasper Al.

Posted: 5 Sep 2003 9:59AM GMT
This is from the "old" cemetery book located at the local library:
James Matlock Kitchens, born in Tenn. Aug. 7, 1796-d. Mar. 23, 1868
Sally Brown, wife of James Matlock Kitchens, Sep. 16, 1796, Dec. 1842
C.C. Kitchens, Nov. 18, 1827 - Jan. 15, 1861
Mary Elizabeth Kitchens, Jan. 2, 1860-Oct. 25, 1875
Jesse Kitchens, Dec. 27, 1837-Jun. 12, 1898
Eleanor, wife of Jesse Kitchens, Dec. 27, 1837-Jun. 12, 1898
A. H. Brown, 1844-May 23, 1906
L.O. Brown, wife of A. H. Brown, dau. of T. & Mary Gabbert, Apr. 30, 1838-d. Mar. 3, 1908
J.D. Randolph, d. Feb 28, 1870, age 72 yrs - b. 1798
Cooner..........all that remained on the stone."

Posted: 5 Sep 2003 3:09PM GMT
Edited: 14 Apr 2004 4:11AM GMT
Are the Jesse Kitchens / wife Elenor Kitchens birth and death dates a typo? It shows them born and died on same days. Also, what of Christopher Kitchens and wife, James Matlock Kitchens father and mother. In the 1840 and 1850 Census of Walker Co. he is enumerated with his son. in the 1830 Lawrence Co. Census he ins enumerated with George Kitchens, another son. Does anyone know where Christopher the elder is buried? When was this information published and what is the title of the book? Thank you very much for your assistance.

Posted: 6 Sep 2003 12:00PM GMT
Yes, I am sure that it is a typo......

I have no idea where Christopher might be buried. I believe that there has been some controversy regarding whether he was James' father or not. There are some church records, somewhere, that may hold more clues. (Sulpher Springs)

I do not have the title page to the "old" cemetery book.

Posted: 17 Sep 2003 2:14PM GMT
Surnames: Brown, Kitchens, Borden
Karen, do you happen to have a photo of Alcey Matilda Kitchens? Have you heard of Anderson Kitchens? I believe that Alcey (A. M. Brown) married Anderson Kitchens after the death of William H. Borden, her husband. In the will it lists her marriage name (different from the previous will) as Kitchens. Her son, Monroe, was my greatgrandfathers 1/2 brother.

Ross Smith (View posts)
Posted: 3 Mar 2005 6:21AM GMT
Surnames: Ray
My ancestor was Silas Benjamin Ray who died in 1885. His land was in Winston co Al just north of the Walker co Al line near Clear Creek Falls. His obit was printed in the Jasper Al newspaper and it said he was buried in "the Grove" I do not know what was meant by "the Grove" except that it might have been Holly Grove near Jasper Alabama. Would you look in your book about Walker county Al cemeteries and see if there might be an entry for a Silas Benjamin Ray who died in 1885? I am trying to find where he was buried. Thanks

Cemetery Book for Kitchens-Brown Cemetery, Walker County

Posted: 4 Nov 2012 10:51PM GMT
Surnames: Randolph Brown Kitchens
Does anyone have the name of the Walker County Cemetery book that includes the transcriptions for Kitchens-Brown?

I would also appreciate the author, publisher, date published and of course the page # of the transcriptions.

Thanks for any help!!!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic