Search for content in message boards

Lacy's Civil War Contributions - Confederate / Union

Lacy's Civil War Contributions - Confederate / Union

Dennis Lee Lacy (View posts)
Posted: 5 Apr 2002 1:01PM GMT
Classification: Query
My father is Dennis Gale Lacy who was born in TN in 1938 and my grandfather was George Lacy who owned and ran a farm in North Christian County Kentucky until his death in 1976. I am looking for any links to my family and service during the Civil War.

Re: Lacy's Civil War Contributions - Confederate / Union

Posted: 21 Jun 2002 3:15AM GMT
Edited: 10 Jul 2002 2:03AM GMT
I have quite a bit of info on the Lacy's and The wars. I am the grandaughter of George Owry Lacy and Susan Mayabb of Wolfe Co Ky.

Dennis Lacy (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jun 2002 9:16PM GMT
Susan,

I live in Western Kentucky. Could you make me a copy of what you have and mail it to me? If you need postage let me know.

1816 South Virginia Street
Hopkinsville, KY 42240

Posted: 22 Jun 2002 12:43AM GMT
Dennis,

I will back up my disc on a floppy and mail it to you, forget the postage, after all we could be kin.

Susan Lacy-Russell

Dennis Lacy (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jun 2002 12:59AM GMT
Susan,

Thanks - I have a MAC at home, but an IBM based computer at work.
So I guess it doesn't really matter what format you send it under.

I'll let you know if I find a close line between us.

Posted: 7 Jul 2002 3:49PM GMT
Edited: 12 Jan 2003 3:19PM GMT
hi dennis di any of your lacys go to ohio i am related to a delbert lacy i am a stacey he may have married into the stacey family i just know we are kin thanks
martha

Posted: 7 Jul 2002 9:07PM GMT
Surnames: Lacy, DeLacy
Yes, I am the daughter of Roy Elmo Lacy son of George Owry Lacy and Susan Angiline Mayabb, I am named for my grandmother. My father was in Middletown as were many of his siblings. They were from Wolfe County, Ky. I am descended from a William Lacy Sr. from Ireland. I ahve lots of info, we may be related. Please reply, it has been so nice to find cousins. Only 3 Lacy brothers came over from Ireland, I beleive, William, James and Benjamin.

Thnaks,

Susan

Posted: 8 Jul 2002 1:36PM GMT
hi susan
are you kin to the staceys in westmoreland ky and are you kin to delbert lacy my grand father was leborn or maybe lebron stacey i dont know he was a carpenter and built houses around loveland i think it was delberts son whom his cousins took out in the woods and tied up and killed him i rember him and his wife coming to the house and telling mom about it happened around 1946 but i think his wife is a sister to my aunt esther who is a stacey also my dads brother uncle edward stacey and aunt esther were first cousins theyhad two sons jimmy and gerald they lived in norwood ohio i beleive delbert lacy lived in ohio some where maybe sidelia not sure i sure do hope you can help me ive been trying to find something out about my stacey and lacy kin for a year now i only know my dads brothers and sisters all the children came to ohio except my aunt dora who was married to green eleam or elam the only children i know of aunt doras and uncle green are emogene , mary jane,lester,and billy. i guess they are still in west liberty ky well the children are aunt dora and uncle green died years ago i have pictures of all my stacey family and some of the grave stones if you can help me i sure would appreciate it
martha

Posted: 9 Jul 2002 12:01AM GMT
Surnames: Lacy, Trimble, Ferguson, Lykins
Yes, we are related. I have taken a disc from my cousin, Georgedda Kayser, Gert Lacy's daughter. And am putting it in Family tree form. I just entered info on a Dora today. I will look for names when I get off line and e-Mail you back. Us Lacy's are a mystery and hard to track sometimes.

Susan Lacy-Russel
Daughter of Roy Elmo Lacy son of George Owry Lacy and Susan Angiline Mayabb of Wolfe County.

Posted: 9 Jul 2002 1:18PM GMT
thank you susan
what will it be on lacy or what i have some of the staceys on it too a noah smothers has it he is on my mothers side dock franklin davison let me know when you get it on
im glad to meet another cousin too the staceys are hard to find too
thanks again
martha
per page

Find a board about a specific topic