Search for content in message boards

Starks in OHIO (African American)

Starks in OHIO (African American)

Posted: 25 Jul 2010 7:47PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Starks
I just returned from my family in SC and discovered I should have relatives in Ohio, the last know decendant died 40 years ago Louis Starks. Looking for any African American Starks in OHIO willing to share information with me. I have intensive information regarding Louis and his brothers, please contact me if you have any information on Louis Starks (died 1968).

Re: Starks in OHIO (African American)

Posted: 29 Mar 2012 6:11PM GMT
Surnames: Starks
I am a Starks in Ohio my grandfather's name was George Starks and he was born in Finney, Ohio and his fathers name was Valley Starks and his mother;s name was Margaret Hill. Valley's father and mother's name was Freeman and Martha Starks. I retrieved all this information from my grandmother;s Bible and this is all I know. Does this help because I am looking for relatives and this is the only information I have.

Posted: 29 Mar 2012 10:53PM GMT
Greetings, you are looking for Starks relatives....are you searching for living or deceased relatives?

Posted: 30 Mar 2012 12:08PM GMT
I am especially looking for living relatives and am interested in deceased relatives.

Posted: 30 Mar 2012 5:34PM GMT
I'm looking for living and deceased. Louis Starks, was former Civil War Military; I'm sure he had some relatives in Ohio.

Posted: 30 Mar 2012 5:54PM GMT
Ok, absolutely. In my search for my branches, I have come across many Af. Am. Starks lines that so far appear to be unrelated to mine. Always a possibility they could intertwine at some point though. But I have many names of long deceased Af. Am. Starks I've kept in my files just in case I find a connection, so I'll take a look through them, and see if yours come up.

April.

Posted: 30 Mar 2012 7:55PM GMT
April,

In your files, do you have information on Charles & Rosa Starks, daughters: Mary, Sarah and Martha? They are from Virginia. Thanks.

Virginia

Posted: 1 Apr 2012 3:52PM GMT
Ok thank you.

Posted: 1 Apr 2012 3:54PM GMT
I dont have those names. I am not sure who the siblings are of my great grandfather or great grandfather though.

Re: Starks in OHIO (African American)/to Virginia

Posted: 2 Apr 2012 4:39PM GMT
Hi Virginia, no not those names, I do have a couple named
Thornton & Rosa Starks from Va., and the only child I know of theirs is named Fanny/Fannie Starks, b. in 1854

---April.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions