Search for content in message boards

looking for info on vernon castle lee

looking for info on vernon castle lee

Posted: 25 Oct 2012 8:12PM GMT
Classification: Query

looking for info on vernon castle lee, born 1923, lived in calf,he was my biological father,

Re: looking for info on vernon castle lee

Posted: 26 Oct 2012 4:47AM GMT
Surnames: Lee
Hi there,
Did your Dad fight in WW11?
Was he born in Tennessee?
Were his parents Scott and Daisy Lee? Brothers Birch and Belton and sister Lois?
If so,I have some info.
Elaine

Posted: 26 Oct 2012 10:37AM GMT
Edited: 26 Oct 2012 10:39AM GMT

I do not know where he born, I really don't much about him except his name, all I know is this the name my mother gave me, they met in california and were seeing each other there,from what I understand is that this was a brief time, and I am a product of this. From what I understand he was named after the dancer vernon castle, I have talked to one of his sons, but that was a long time ago, and I couldn't much info from him

Posted: 27 Oct 2012 3:01AM GMT
Surnames: Lee,Carr,Leon
Hi again,
Now,I don't know if this is your Father..so please keep that in mind.But when I put in his name and California with approximate birth date on Ancestry..well,this is what came up.
Vernon Castle Lee
b.30 Apr 1920 in Tennessee
Father Scott C Lee
Mother Daisy E (Carr) Lee
Siblings Birch,Belton and Lois.
Death date for Vernon 12 Aug 1998 in Louisiana.
Burial was in September in San Diego.
Fort Rosecrans National Cemetery
Section cbd Row 1 Site 607
His SSN number was 436-26-4145.

He was a Corporal in the US Air Corp and later joined the US Navy.
Air corp enlistment date was 17 Nov 1943 and his release date was 3 Jan 1946.
US Navy enlistment date was 13 Aug 1946 and release date was 30 Mar 1947.I couldn't find his military numbers for either service.

Now,again..this may be him..a Vernon C Lee (born in 1920 ) married Antonia C Leon in 1944 and they divorced in Oct 1972.
He is listed on the website www.findagrave.org
but not much info about him..no names of a wife or kids.
However,the inscription does say he was a loving Father and Grandfather.
I sent a message to someone who has a person by the same name on their family tree.I await their answer.On that tree there is a son Vernon born in 1948 and died in 2008.Again,don't know yet if its the same fellow.
Wow,a lot of info for you!If you want some of these documents from Ancestry (or are you a member) let me know.
Bye for now.
Elaine

Posted: 27 Oct 2012 11:06AM GMT

thank you for your reply, from what I understand there were 3 brothers one died but before 2008, and the one I talked to was a jr. plus I was told there was three older sisters, but two different spouses, as crazy as this sounds,
oh yea one was doctor, the one I talked to droped vernon and just went by castle, I.m a new member

Posted: 14 Aug 2014 10:39PM GMT
Surnames: Lee
Hello there,
This is Simon Castle Lee. Vernon Castle Lee is my grandfather. My father is Vernon Castle Lee, Jr.

My grandfather was born in 4/30/1920. He lived in San Diego for many, many years - which is where my father was born (as well as his two brothers), and where I was born.

Email me back with your name and any other details. I have tried to get family information going back beyond my grandfather without much luck.

Thanks,
Simon
per page

Find a board about a specific topic