Search for content in message boards

BARBER, James Clayton c.1877-1936

BARBER, James Clayton c.1877-1936

Posted: 9 Jan 2005 8:19PM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Surnames: ASHLEY, BAKER, BARBER, BARNES, GWIN, WHISNANT
THE DAILY BULLETIN, Martinsville, Va., Wed., Mar. 4, 1936, p. 2, col. 7 [edited]. Hickory, N.C. James Clayton Barber, 59, died in a local hospital late Monday night. Mr. Barber, who lived just outside the corporate limits on the Lincolnton road, is survived by his wife, Mrs. Mary Marrow Barber; his mother, Mrs. Jacob Barber, and the following sons and daughters: P. J. Barber of Martinsville; I. L. and W. L. Barber of Hickory; Cecil Barber of Martinsville; Bobby Ray Barber, Hickory; Mrs. W. J. Ashley and Mrs. Robert Gwin, Gastonia; Mrs. W. F. Barnes and Reverne Barber of Hickory. The following brothers and sisters also survive: P. S. and W. C. Barber, Gastonia; Thomas Barber of Cages Mountain; Lonnie Barber, North Catawba county; Mrs. D. A. Baker of Drexel and Mrs. Jack Whisnant of Valdese. Funeral services were held at Drexel Baptist Church Wednesday. Burial followed in the church cemetery.

Re: BARBER, James Clayton c.1877-1936

Posted: 17 Dec 2012 5:32PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Quinn (Gwin)
Hello way just searching the net and came across your post about my Grandfather James Clayton Barber . you have one of his children's name wrong. The Mrs Robert Gwin of Gastonia should be Mrs Robert (Pearl) Quinn. I was named after my Dad and Grandfather Barber (Robert Clayton Quinn) Hopes this helps anyone doing an ancestry search

per page

Find a board about a specific topic