Search for content in message boards

Henry family from Ireland

Henry family from Ireland

Posted: 23 Sep 2007 11:23PM GMT
Classification: Query
I just inherited a box of family history stuff from my grandfather. It is a pretty complete collection. The very page starts with a Robert Henry Sr from Ireland - I would like to complete this page and if possible get information on his parents, siblings, etc.

Here is what I do have of him: Robert Henry Sr born 1740 in Ireland d. 1824 Lancaster County, PA married Ann (last name not given) she was born 1740 in Ireland d. 1797 in Lancaster County, PA. They had three children (at least that is all I have) James, Elizabeth, and Robert Jr. (I descend from the Robert Jr. line).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. From Robert Jr to myself I believe is a complete history. If I can help anyone I would be more than happy to.

Re: Henry family from Ireland

Posted: 3 Oct 2007 11:04PM GMT
Surnames: Henry
How fortunate to inherit a box of family 'goodies'!!
My Henry line (much is unproven) runs John, born about 1700;
Robert I, no info; Robert II, b. 1758 married Sarah Anne Barnard; Robert III, b. 1782 married Roxanna Gifford;
Joel, b. about 1818 married Amy Starlin; Percival Olney,
b.1850 married Elizabeth Rebecca Mummey; Arthur Edgar,
b. 1891 married Helen Heisler. Should any of those names show in your files please let me know. Most of these folks lived in the Marietta,Ohio area. Happy to exchange info and assist you if possible.

Posted: 30 Nov 2007 12:21AM GMT
could you identify where in Ireland?

Posted: 30 Nov 2007 3:00AM GMT
I don't know any other details than what I have shared. The sheet just says born in Ireland. I wish I had more details to share. Other posting here I honestly haven't done much searching recently.

Posted: 30 Nov 2007 3:09AM GMT
That is okay. I had read somewhere in Ulster County or something like that. I am not sure, haven't done much research either. Thanks

Posted: 22 May 2009 2:08AM GMT
Surnames: Henry, Sherman, Denison
I am trying to find out where Ireland my great-great-grandfather Hugh Henry (1825-1895) came from. Census records contradict themselves, some saying he was born in Scotland. His wife, Mary Ann Montgomery (1826-1902) was born in Scotland. They had 14 children. Their second was my great-grandfather Robert B. Henry (1849-1910). They all came to America; Robert in 1863, age 14, but I can't find when the others came over. That info was on a census record. Robert married Henrietta Sherman (1850-1902). My grandfather's name was William Merritt Henry, Sr. (1872-1937) and he married Clara Edna Denison (1876-1954).

At least Robert and William were Masons.

If you have any of these names in your records, I'd like to hear from you.

Alice Duane Henry Googe

Posted: 23 May 2009 12:57PM GMT
Hi Alice, I wasn't able to find any of those names in my information. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Posted: 23 May 2009 6:11PM GMT
Hi,

Thank you very much for looking.

Have a nice day!

Alice
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions