Search for content in message boards

Early Tax Lists

Early Tax Lists

Posted: 24 Jan 2013 3:13PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: White
Does anybody have copies of any tax lists from prior to 1820? Does the Burke Library have copies or microfilm?

Re: Early Tax Lists

Posted: 24 Jan 2013 3:24PM GMT
Hi,
Many of these have been published over the years in the Burke County Genealogical Society's Journal. Right now, the Society is working on compiling them into probably a couple of books.

The lists have not been made available on microfilm yet and are available only at the Archives in Raleigh.

Do you have some specific lists/times, etc., in mind?

Phillip Heavner
Editor, BCGS Journal

Posted: 24 Jan 2013 5:02PM GMT
Surnames: White/Puett/Baker/Davenport/Shell
Thanks for your help Phillip. I'm looking for a man named Reuben White who lived on Mulberry Creek, now Caldwell County . I think there was one list in which he appeared in Capt. Moore's Company- but that was the only one I had and I can't find it. How many tax lists were there between 1810 and 1820?

Carol White

Posted: 24 Jan 2013 8:23PM GMT
Carol:
There is an 1819 list for a Captain Moore which includes the Mulberry/Upper Creek area. Unfortunately, it's one of the untranscribed lists as of now. I'll see what I can find out.

Phillip Heavner

Posted: 25 Jan 2013 12:20AM GMT
Thanks. BTW, if you need help with transcription, I would gladly attempt a list. if you would scan me a copy. At least I'm very familiar with the names of the residents.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions