Search for content in message boards

Jacob Flury and Flury family ca 1856

Jacob Flury and Flury family ca 1856

Posted: 18 Mar 2010 8:28PM GMT
Classification: Query
Trying to pin down a great great grandfathers family. It is the Flury family from Swizerlad. My gg-grandfath was Jacob Flury, he (and what appeares to be a family group) immigrate in 1856. I found his Civil War Army registration card. It shows he enetered and was discharged in Harrisburg. He entered on September 12, 1862 and mustered out on September 26, 1862. It lists his age as 24 at the time. I found a record at Castle Garden that fits his immighration. It shows:

Last name First name Age Sex Arrival Date Place of last residence

FLURY CHRISTINE 46 F 21 May 1856 U
FLURY FLURY 16 M 21 May 1856 U
FLURY GEORG 13 M 21 May 1856 U
FLURY HANS 19 M 21 May 1856 U
FLURY HANS 60 M 21 May 1856 U
FLURY MARGARETHE 22 F 21 May 1856 U

I am pretty sure he is listed as Flury Flury there.

I think I have found his future wife's (my gg-grandmother) family in Hamiltonban, Adams, Pennsylvania.

It all seems to be fitting together, without to many 'gotchas'. Since I do not have an Ancestry.com membership, can someone try a searech for this Fluryt family and see if they were in Dauphin county. It tends to fit, he enrolled/discharged at Harrisburg, His future wifes family was in Adams County (not too far away).
Thank you

Bob

Re: Jacob Flury and Flury family ca 1856

Posted: 22 Mar 2010 6:20PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello Bob
The Flury name isn't in Dauphin County in the years you are looking for, but the name is in York County. email me at kjowilson@yahoo.com I'll try to help you locate the family.
Kim
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions