Search for content in message boards

NELLIGAN, Doneraile, 1815+

NELLIGAN, Doneraile, 1815+

Ann Dunstan (View posts)
Posted: 6 Nov 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: NELLIGAN, CLANCY
Seeking descendants of William NELLIGAN, cabinetmaker, m. 1815 Doneraile to Catherine CLANCY. Known Chn all bap. between 1815 and 1842 Doneraile, Mary, Catherine, John, Patrick, Ellen, Ann, Eliza, William, Joseph, Catherine, Daniel. Ann and Eliza NELLIGAN arrived in Australia in 1848 as Irish Orphan Immigrants.

William Nelligan

Posted: 2 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 25 Nov 2001 10:17PM GMT
Surnames: Nelligan
Ann: I wonder if I may have a link for William. I too am seeking my Nelligan ancestors. I have a John and Patrick Nelligan (born 1826 & 1829). They lived in Ontario, Canada. They married 2 Kieley sisters; Margaret and Catherine. I don't know if they married before or after arriving in Canada.

I have no trace of John and Patricks parents, nor do I know the names of any siblings. I wonder if William could be the father.

If William is the father then I have a large family history to offer you.

Please advise

Thanks - Paul

Nelligan

Ann Dunstan (View posts)
Posted: 4 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Nelligan, Clancy
Paul: do you know where your John & Patrick Nelligan were born? My John Nelligan was born New Road, Doneraile, Co. Cork, Ireland and baptised 3 March 1822. His brother Patrick was also born New Road, Doneraile and was baptised 1 February 1824. I do not know what became of them. Some of the family were in the Mallow Workhouse, Co. Cork in the 1840's.

William Nelligan

Posted: 5 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 25 Nov 2001 10:17PM GMT
Surnames: Nelligan
Ann: I fear that we have the wrong brothers. My John and Patrick were born in 1826 and 1829. They emigrated to Canada and raised families in and around Hamilton, Ontario.

I do not know where they were born. I will continue my search.

Thanks for your response.

Re: William Nelligan

Posted: 18 Dec 2005 1:30AM GMT
Surnames: william Nelligan
Looking for Floyd and Hannah Grey Nelligan, his son William J. Babb Nelligan, Olean, NY. his ancestor.

Re: NELLIGAN, Doneraile, 1815+

Posted: 30 Oct 2011 8:56AM GMT
hi i dont know weather you will read this let alone get this, considering you posted this the year i was born but its worth a try. I am in year 8 now and am very interested in my family history. I am a descendent of Eliza nelligen.

Re: NELLIGAN, Doneraile, 1815+

Posted: 3 Feb 2013 12:57AM GMT
Hi, my maiden name was Neligan and Doneraile was my birth place. I am a direct descendant of William and Catherine Neligan . Their son William was a brother of Eliza and he was my great grandfather. I now live in Macroom, Co.Cork
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions