Search for content in message boards

MOYER, PIPPEN, MOCK, FESTERMAN

MOYER, PIPPEN, MOCK, FESTERMAN

Meg (View posts)
Posted: 17 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: MOYER, PIPPEN, MOCK, FESTERMAN, BROTHERS, MISENHEIMER
I am researching the MOYER line in Cabbarus Co. NC. My gggrandfather went to Orange Co. IN with other MOYER, MOCK, FESTERMAN, and PIPPEN familes..also some BROTHER, and MIESENHEIMER.

They were in Cabbarus Co. when My gggrand, Paul Nathan, was born early 1800's probably. His father was perhaps John B. MOYER, his great grand was perhaps George MOYER, his great great grand was perhaps Johannes MOYER. John B. MOYER, I think, was married to a Barbara FESTERMAN, parents Katherine and Frederick FESTERMAN.

Other first names in the line are Frederick, Solomon, Mathais. Other men named John. Paul Nathan MOYER had brothers Frederick, George Daniel, Mathais, Moses.

Paul Nathan married Sarah PIPPEN. Her sister Lucinda PIPPEN married George MOCK. Mock was from Rowan Co, I think. They all went to Orange Co. In from NC. Then to Edgar Co. IL.

I believe that ALL these MOYERS, MOCK, FESTERMAN, PIPPEN, BROTHER, and MISENHEIMER families were related in NC. Then moved to Orange Co. IN. by 1820's, Edgar and Pike Co. IL. by 1850's then to Iowa, 1851 and Missouri, 1860. I'd like to share data. Meg

FESTERMAN

Posted: 9 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 8 Feb 2002 4:20AM GMT
Surnames: FESTERMAN
Cabarrus County:for Cynthia Feterman. I might be able to help you. I have compiled a great deal of infomation on Heinrich Vespermann (Fesperman) and his descendants. One of his offspring, John Fesperman, had a son named, Mikel, who moved from Cabarrus County,NC, to Mecklenburg County, NC, around 1810-20 and spelled his name Festerman.Most of Mikel Festerman's descendants reverted back to the Fesperman spelling. However, there are some Festerman's located around Reidsville, NC, who I believe are Mikel's descendants and still use his spelling of the last name.FYI,Heinrich Vespermann was believed to be born in Lower Saxony, Germany, around 1720. I will be glad to correspond directly with you if you write me at my email address.Raymond

Geneaology

Cynthia Feterman (View posts)
Posted: 9 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: FESTERMAN
Cabarrus County: I am from the Festerman family who moved in the 1800's from Whales. My part of the Festerman family lived in Maryland, but we may be able to exchange information and find a link. Let me know!

Re: FESPERMAN Geneaology

Posted: 8 Feb 2002 4:34AM GMT
Surnames: FESTERMAN, FESPERMAN
Hello Cynthia,
I don't know if you still subscribe to this board, but I recently reread your last posting from 9 Aug 2000, with great interest. After working the Fesperman/Festerman genealogy for fifteen plus years I believe we are related. I cannot tell you exactly how we are related because I have very little data on the Festerman's who immigrated from Whales to Maryland in the 1800's. I believe what might have happened is the first Fesperman (Henrich Vespermann) who immigrated to the U.S. around 1750 probably had a relative (maybe a brother) who stopped off in Whales during the immigration from Germany. Later, This relative, or his offspring, continued on to Maryland, probably landing in Baltimore. You might also be interested to learn that there is also a separate, but distantly related bunch of Vesperman's (who use the last name Vesperman) located mainly in Wisconsin. I don't know exactly how they tie in either, but I suspect we all go back to a common ancestor located in Lower Saxony State in Germany. Best regards, Raymond

Posted: 27 Feb 2002 11:55PM GMT
Edited: 28 Aug 2003 11:40PM GMT
Surnames: Vespermann, Britz, Bornefeld, Jurgensmeier, Dormeier, Schmitz, Goeke, Gorletz
Hello, I am researching Wilhelmina Carolina Vespermann, b 11 March 1838, Hanover, Germany. She died 2 August 1916 at Evansville, Indiana. and is buried in the Dormeier Plot in Locust Hill Cemetery. The family was closely allied with the Britz family and were Evangelical and Reformed Lutherans. She married William Dormeier. It is their daughter, Wilhelmina Carolina, b 31 Oct 1863, that married Charles W. Britz, which is where the Britz alliance comes in - as far as I know. So here are the Hanover Vespermanns. You are right - there really are not very many of them around. If I may ask, can you tell me how to find the "Hanover" message board? I think I am searching for something that does not exist, or has another name, parhaps a state name? Thanks, Jeanne

Posted: 27 Feb 2002 11:58PM GMT
Edited: 28 Aug 2003 11:40PM GMT
Oops! I forgot to mention where Wilhelmina Carolina Vespermann lived and died in the U. S. ie., Evansville, Vanderburgh and Posey Counties, Indiana. Sorry, Jeanne

Posted: 9 Mar 2002 1:21AM GMT
Hello Jeanne, I found your email to be very interesting, but I'm afraid I can't help you very much. I know the the Vespermann's (anglicised to FESPERMAN) came from the Hannover area, and that there are still quite a few located in Lower Saxony State, and in Hildesheim, and in Braunschweig. Since my pioneer ancestor, Henrich Vespermann, came over about 1750, I don't know how he is related to your Wilhelmina Carolina Vespermann (I do believe that all Vespermann's are related to some extent). My pioneer ancestors were also Evangelical and Reformed Lutherans, and they helped establish that religion in North Carolina. I don't know how you would find the Hannover boards, other than attempting through the Internet.If you have any luck with this please let me know since I too would like to do some German research. I don't speak German so it would be a slow process for me. Best regards, Raymond

Re: MOYER, PIPPEN, MOCK, FESTERMAN

Posted: 8 Feb 2004 12:39AM GMT
Surnames: Moyer, Festerman
my g-g-g-g-g-grandfather was John Moyer, born 1770. He was married to Catherine Festerman, born 1774. Her parents were Frederick and Barbara Festerman (her maiden name not known). Sounds like we are related except that Catherine and Barbara are switched around. Have you found anything new since your posting?

Re: FESTERMAN

Posted: 22 Jan 2007 10:52PM GMT
Surnames: fesperman
hi
Maybe you can help me. I cant go very far back on my family tree. My dad remembers his grandfather, Victor Fesperman who was the jailer / sheriff in Charlotte, NC. His father might have been named Green. But he is not sure. Does any of your research show a Green born late 1800's
Thans

Posted: 20 Feb 2008 9:01PM GMT
Surnames: Nauert Mann Bornefeld Jurgensmeier Grote
Just noticed the name Bornefeld and Jurgensmeier. Are you related to the Carl Bornefeld of Posey County. I think he imigrated about 1850.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions