Search for content in message boards

Tisdale from Sumter, South Carolina

Tisdale from Sumter, South Carolina

Posted: 5 Nov 2010 3:43PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: tisdale, mitchell, mccoy, hudson
I'm looking for info on Christopher Tisdale b. 1795 d. 1850 married to Susanna Mitchell. Their son Robert H. Tisdale b. 1817 d. 1903 of Sumter, married Sarah Elizabeth McCoy in 1846. I'm looking for parents of Christopher, I'm at a dead end.

Re: Tisdale from Sumter, South Carolina

Posted: 23 Jun 2011 5:54PM GMT
I just got back from Boston where I did research on the Tisdales who are descended from Thomas Rogers' granddaughter Anna who married John Tisdale in 1664 in Taunton, MA. Thomas Roger came to the US in 1620 aboard the Mayflower. I copied several chapters of a Tisdale family history there for information to join the Thomas Rogers Society. There is a website for this society. You can google it for that webaddress. Also go to any good library. They will have a copy of "Mayflower, the first 5 generations" Christopher should be listed if he's from that wing of the Tisdales. I'll check my copies also.

Posted: 28 Jul 2011 5:04PM GMT
Surnames: Tisdale from Sumter, South Carolina
Thanks for the info, I'll check on that now.

Posted: 8 Jun 2012 12:11AM GMT
Surnames: Tisdale
Have you checked cemeteries in Lee County or Kershaw County. He is buried near Bishopville in settlement known as Luknow.
If you find any new info, I would love to know. Robert Hale is my great grandfather. My father was Ashby Lee Tisdale.

Posted: 8 Jun 2012 12:28PM GMT
wow, thank you for the info, I have been looking so long to find out where Christopher is buried, this is the first time I've heard about Bishopville. Do you know exactly where Luknow is. Is Suzanna Mitchell buried there too? Maybe we can compare notes. Do you know who Christopher's parents are? Thank you so much, now I have something to continue my search. Lauri Jay

Posted: 9 Jun 2012 1:26AM GMT
There is a Lucknow, SC located in Lee County. This may be what you're looking for

Posted: 9 Jun 2012 3:42AM GMT
Edited: 9 Jun 2012 3:44AM GMT
I'm new at this ancestry.com.. I do know that Christopher and Susannah Mitchell are buried near Bishopville in the settlement of Luknow. I'm trying to get access to a book of Lee County cemeteries. Will let you know what I find.

Have you linked these names:
Sherwood Tisdale (listed as Christopher R. Tisdale's father) but has the same b:1795 d:1856 as Christopher G.-possible mistaken middle initial. Lists wife of Sherwood Tisdale as Nancy Ann Billups. It states Christopher R. Tisdale's wife as Susannah Mitchell.
Just searched for Christopher Tisdale and found this info.

Posted: 9 Jun 2012 3:54AM GMT
I live in South Carolina. Bishopville is in Lee County about seven miles from Lucknow.

Posted: 9 Jun 2012 10:50PM GMT
Thanks.

Posted: 9 Jun 2012 10:52PM GMT
Thanks. I had an old spelling. Thanks for the correction.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions