Search for content in message boards

Peters Germany to Wisconsin

Peters Germany to Wisconsin

Posted: 14 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 27 Jun 2001 9:40PM GMT
Surnames: Peters, Kuntz, Kunz, Brault, Martens
Searching for info on lineage of Johann & Barbara Kuntz, Christian Peters (parents were Freiderich Peters & Marie Rode). Would like to connect to cousins that are interested in the family tree. In Marinette, the decendants of John, Carl, and Ernest Peters. Any Peters in the Pound, Coleman, and Beaver area? Braults from the Coleman Pound area?
Thanks,

Re: Peters Germany to Wisconsin

Posted: 30 Aug 2001 8:28PM GMT
Edited: 15 Dec 2001 5:44AM GMT
Surnames: Kuntz, Gross
I found in my booklet, "Wisconsin Deaths 1894-1907 Crivitz area, including towns and villages of Ellis Junction, Stephensen, Beaver, and Pound in Marinette County, Wisconsin by Susan Kopec

Barbara Kuntz
Female German domestic
Father-Andrew Gross of Germany Mother-unknown of Germany
Birth-Sept. 15, 1824 in Germany Death-Dec. 2, 1905 in Beaver Settlement
Cause of death-old age
Burial-Dec. 4, 1905 in Beaver Settlement by Harber and Co. of Pestigo
Spouse- John Kuntz
Source-Wi. Reg. of Death -Mari. Cty., Pg. 1 FHL-film 1306214

John Kuntz
White male farmer-widower
BIrth-86 yrs. 27 Nov. 1820 Germany
Death-Jun 1907 in Beaver, Wisconsin
Cause of death-General debility over 6 years span
Burial-July 2, 1907 in Beaver, Wi.
Source-Wi. Reg. of Death-Mari. Cty. Vol. 2 FHL-flm 1306214

Hope this helps.
Susan Rynders-Kopec

Rynders-Kopec (View posts)
Posted: 25 Feb 2004 7:43PM GMT
Surnames: Witt, Marchewka, Magamoll, Jaskowiak
http://hometown.aol.com/marinette2u/ Just a follow up on my original query. This might be of help to fellow reseachers for the Stephensen area in Wisconsin

Posted: 6 Dec 2012 7:21PM GMT
There were 2 Ernest Peters in the Marinette area 1 is from my family tree. He lived with his mother Cecelia's sister Elsie and her husband Grover Larson after his father George L. Peters died. I believe this Ernest Peters later married a cousin Elsie Walk Michaelis. The later link for obits is for this Elsie Michaelis Peters if you can get the 1992 obit for Ernest I think you will find this Ernest decended from Johan Ernest Peters who came from Germany with his brother Johan Martin Peters their father was Ernest Heinrich Peters and mother was Anna M Luther.
Hope this helps narrow them down to the correct Ernest Peters the other died in 1988.

cheryl
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions