Search for content in message boards

great=grandfather griggs

great=grandfather griggs

zelda maxwell (View posts)
Posted: 13 Feb 2001 12:43PM GMT
Looking for any info.on my ggrandfather,Willis E.Griggs that lived in Ennis,Texas till his death in the early 1940s.He owned a furniture and grocery stores.Had three daughters,Lula Griggs married Charlie Hunter,Margaret Jane Griggs married Edgar Pruett(or Pete)Lambert and Zella Griggs.If any of these sound like your kin,would appreciate an e-mail with some info.Thanks

Lula Griggs?

Jody (View posts)
Posted: 8 Apr 2001 6:08PM GMT
I have a Zula Griggs who married a Charlie. She was born in 1905 and died in 1990. Could your Willis E. Griggs have been a brother of Richard Griggs (Zula's father 1875-1925)?

Lula Griggs

Posted: 8 Apr 2001 8:46PM GMT
Hi Jodie,
My lula Griggs was borned 20 Oct 1875 in Pulaski,Giles County,Tennessee.She married a Hunter.My g grandfather was Willis Ashley Griggs from Tn.Where are your Griggs from.Maybe that they are related.You may e-mail.Thank you

Lula Griggs

Jody (View posts)
Posted: 9 Apr 2001 12:47AM GMT
Zelda,

I just found a whole slew of Griggs at usgenweb.com. I ended up at rootsweb.com somehow, but that's how I found them. It had cemetary records, marriage records, clips from newspapers from the 1920's, etc.
Very interesting stuff.

Anyway, my Zula Griggs was from Ripley, TN. Her father's name was Richard, mother's name was Mary A. Ashmore Griggs. She had the following brothers and sisters that I know of so far:
Rosilee, Lucille J., Myrtle E., and possibly Richard and Robert L.

Mary A. Griggs maiden name was Woodward.
Richard may have had somewhere in his family:
Aubrey (1896-1925), and Wiley G. (1890-1977). I don't have very much information to go on for Richard Griggs. Let me know if any of these names sound familiar to you.
Sorry I couldn't email, I couldn't find your addy, mine is z_lark@yahoo.com

Thanks for responding so quickly!
Jody

Lula Griggs

Posted: 11 Apr 2001 3:17PM GMT
jodie,
Looks like I've got to get more info.and see if we can find a connection.Sorry about the addy.edzelda@dewitt.net Looking forward to more info.keep in touch
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions