Search for content in message boards

Governor Tod Caldwell

Governor Tod Caldwell

Posted: 19 May 2013 6:01PM GMT
Classification: Query
Does anyone have any information on Tod Robinson Caldwell's home in Morganton in 1870? I found him in the Census living next to my ancestor William Litell (Lytle), and just a dwelling number is listed. I am looking for a street name, real estate description, property name, or any other identifying information so I can better understand the area.

Re: Governor Tod Caldwell

Posted: 21 May 2013 9:16PM GMT
This one is easy for a burke county native. Located at the current marquee cinema in Morganton is a historical marker. http://www.ncmarkers.com/Markers.aspx?ct=ddl&sp=search&a... - TOD R. CALDWELL Also US 64/70 Business (Meeting Street)

Posted: 21 May 2013 9:53PM GMT
Surnames: Caldwell, Lytle
Thanks! I think my Lytle ancestors lived on S. Green in 1870, so that marker for Gov Caldwell helps me pinpoint the exact location.

Posted: 13 Jul 2013 2:57PM GMT
Surnames: Mayer, Caldwell
A photo of the Birthplace of Tod R. Caldwell is posted on ancestry.com under Mayer Family History Book. The photo and news article were published around 1915 in the Morganton, NC news paper. History of family is included in the article.

Posted: 5 Oct 2013 6:38AM GMT
It doesn't include 1870, but the Sanborn Maps for Morganton can be found via NC Live through NC Public Libraries. The oldest is for June 1894 and does show buildings on the east side of Green St across from the courthouse. A search for 'Sanborn maps online' will probably give you other sources if you are outside NC.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions