Search for content in message boards

PAULUS DIRCKSE (HOF): Luttenburg, Overijessel, b. 1620

PAULUS DIRCKSE (HOF): Luttenburg, Overijessel, b. 1620

MaryEllen Carson (View posts)
Posted: 16 Oct 2003 1:07AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: DIRCKSE, HOF/HUFF, WILLEMSE, JANS, GYLES, BROUCARD/BROKAW
Looking for anyone with any information concerning DIRCK HOF (b. 1594) & his son PAULUS DIRCKSE HOF (b. 1620 in Hoven(?) or Luttenburg, Overijessel. PAULUS was married in Almelo, Overijessel abt. 1640 to GEERTE WILLEMSE. Family emigrated to New Netherland colony on Manhattan, New York, United States around 1640. Would very much appreciate any leads & have much information on the family line in New York, New Jersey, etc. The name was changed to HUFF in the late 1600s. Thank you very much.

Re: PAULUS DIRCKSE (HOF): Luttenburg, Overijessel, b. 1620

Posted: 12 Feb 2008 2:14AM GMT
Surnames: anderson, eick, huff, hoff
I am a desendant of Rachel Hoff in Hunterdon County New Jersey. Also a Charles Hoff from Pittstown Hunterdon County 1760's..... Not sure if my family lines goes back to this person.

Posted: 12 Feb 2008 8:34PM GMT
Surnames: HOF/HOFF/HUFF/HOUGH, BROUCARD ,GYLES/GILES, DU BOIS, CARSON
Hello, Bruce!

Thank you so much for your reply. You're the first respondent in the Netherlands I've heard from who decends from PAULUS DIRCKSE HOF. I can confirm that RACHEL HOFF from Hunterdon County, New Jersey, descends from PAULUS. I'm not sure about CHARLES HOFF, but I can tell you that just about all the HOFs/HOFFs/HUFFs in Hunterdon & Somerset Counties are all descendants of PAULUS.

I'm at work & my tons of research binders are at home. I will give you detailed information as soon as I can.

Can you please give me more information about how you relate to RACHEL & CHARLES? And, how did you find out you were related? I am anxious to know!

Will get back with you soon!

Kind Regards,

MaryEllen

Posted: 12 Feb 2008 8:39PM GMT
Oh, and also I see that one of the surnames you're researching is EICK. There are a lot of TEN EYCKs in this American family line. I have information about various TEN EYCKs as well.

-MaryEllen

Posted: 3 Oct 2008 11:11PM GMT
Surnames: Dirckse, Hof, Huff
I think I am related to the Paulus Dirckse (Hof) line through my mother who's grandmother was Nettie Belle Huff. Nettie's father, Daniel Sanford Huff, was born in Albion New York (Orleans county) on 30 Apr 1849. Daniel's parents were Minor Thomas Huff (born Jun 1818) and Helen J. Root. Minor Thomas Huff's parents were Richard Huff and Johanna Rusco.
I am trying to find out about Richard Huff (Carlton, NY) and if he is indeed the son of Richard Huff the revolutionary soldier from Seneca County. The various census seems to indicate that it is so but I am not able to travel to NY and look for a will for Richard Huff (Seneca county) or other materials. I do have Richard Huff's (Carlton, NY) will but it only names his second? wife Mrs. Nancy (Benjamin) Huff.
Thank you for any help.
Sarah C

Posted: 13 Jan 2009 2:44AM GMT
Surnames: Anderson, Hoff, Eick
My Great Great Grandmother was Rachel Hoff and Married George Hoff, both are buried in the St. Thomas Epscipol church Hunterdon County NJ (this church is built prior to the rev war, also Cornelius Hoff is some how related, buried in the Kingwood cemetary in Baptistown NJ. Thank you for your response, sorry it took me so long to get back in touch with you.
regards,
Karla Anderson-Lamendola

Posted: 7 Aug 2009 12:02AM GMT
My lineage is from Paulus dirckse to Huffs in Holland, MI.
Am writing up my genealogy now - research mostly finished.
My line is Dirckse, Pauluzen, Pieter Hoff, Bergon Huff [NJ], Nicholas Huff [NJ], John Huff [Shiawassee Co.MI), Robert Huff, Darwin Huff [HollandMI], James Edward Huff, Edna Huff, me.

Let me know if you want more.

Posted: 7 Aug 2009 12:38AM GMT
Surnames: HOF, HUFF, BROKAW
Hmmmmmmmmm! Yes, I would like more! I'm trying to determine which of the HUFF twins (NICHOLAS or RICHARD)my dad's family descends from. My dad's grandmother's name was RACHEL HUFF, b. 1864 in NY. I know she descends from this family, but I've had a devil of a time trying to find her parents.

Also, were you able to find any information about old PAULUS DIRCKSE or his father/family in Overijessel? His history seems to be a mystery & I wonder if there's family left in Luttenburg? If you can shed any light, I'd appreciate any information.

I have tons of research on this family since they arrived in NY & NJ, so if you need any data or have mystery ancestors like I have, just ask & I'll be glad to get you any data!

Many, many thanks for answering my query!!!!

God Bless,

MaryEllen

Posted: 7 Aug 2009 12:52PM GMT
I'll give you 17 of my 33 pages (the last wouldn't help you) in attachment in Word (2003). I'm fixing footnotes etc but the info is there, esp footnotes for sources. Do you have the DAR application forms for Richard & Nicholas Huff? that can help. (I think I have them). In this genealogy, my name is Carol Lee Franz Johnson.(now it's Ware)
I found no Rachel in the 1800's.

Tell me what you need & I'll try to help.

well, I can't send you an attachment; haven't made a Gedcom. How about writing me in email? franzware@verizon.net.
Lee
Lee Ware

Posted: 26 Jan 2010 12:57AM GMT
Surnames: Hoff
Hi Lee, My surname is Marlow. My brother tested his dna and he and a cousin match the Paulus Dirckes Hoff line. I am tryint to determine where. I have seen Marlow's and Huff's in KY and TN. My ggrandfather William David Marlow supposedly came from KY in 1848 to Coahoma County, MS where he married. We have always been told that we were Scotch/Irish. What can I say. Are you aware of any connection? I would like to find out where we fit in. I'm also interested in any data regarding the lines from Paulus Dirckse Hoff. What do you advise? Thanks. BJ
per page

Find a board about a specific topic