Search for content in message boards

Lanarkshire Cemeteries

Lanarkshire Cemeteries

Posted: 9 Oct 2007 11:32PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Jenkins
Hello,

I am just starting out on my search for my ancestors, the Jenkins, in Scotland. I know that almost all of them were either born and lived, or eventually ended up in Lanark. I have some dates of birth, dates of death and such for some of my ancestors, but am not sure where to start looking to find out where they are buried, or even how many cemeteries I may have to try to search through. I live in New Zealand and would greatly appreciate any help anyone could give me.

Thanks in advance.

Mikyla Kelly

Re: Lanarkshire Cemeteries

Posted: 21 Oct 2007 9:41PM GMT
Hi Mikyla,
If you are just beginning I suggest you joint Rootschat (link below).
There are a lot of hints for beginners on the site.
More importantly, there are a lot of people in the community that will go out of their way to help you if they can.
It's totally free too.

http://www.rootschat.com/

Happy hunting
Dave (daval57 on Rootschat)

Posted: 13 Mar 2008 10:31PM GMT
Surnames: Jenkins Lanarkshire
Hi
I have some Jenkins in my family tree, they were from Cambuslang in Lanarkshire, some of which emigrated to Canada, I am in touch with one of them over there.
If you need any help let me know.

Bev

Posted: 21 Mar 2008 8:31PM GMT
Hi there,

I have Jenkins in my line, although i haven;t done alot with them yet.

But a colleague of mines is a Jenkins and lives in Coatbridge - he belongs the Lanarkshire area. But he is also a monumental mason in that area.

If you know names and are looking for graves - you could try contacting North lanarkshire council on e-mail: cscemeteriesservices@northlan.gov.uk .

If you have any luck getting lair details i'll see if i can have a look into them for you.

Gillian

Posted: 6 Apr 2008 6:06PM GMT
Classification: Cemetery
Surnames: Mckracken
Hi,my name is Cathy and I Also have relatives by the name of Mckracken.My Grandmother was Catherine Mckracken,and was born in Coatbridge Scotland.She was born in 8-29-1899.

She married my Grandfather Peter Savage in 1918 in Scotland.My Grandfather was born in Ireland.He died in Coatbridge in 1923.Soon after my Grandmother and my Mother came to the United States,she remarried.

I'm trying to locate were my Grandfather is buried,and locate other relatives that I may have.If you could be of any help to me,I saw your post were you have relatives of the name Mckracken.Have a great day.

Sincerley Cathy

Posted: 8 Jun 2008 11:58PM GMT
Surnames: Jenkins, Adam, Turnbull, Wilkie
I am researching Jenkins also in Lanarkshire. My Jenkins family married into the Adam and Turnbull families. Could there be a connection? If I find any information for you I will be in touch. Lesley, British Columbia, Canada
per page

Find a board about a specific topic