Search for content in message boards

Tourscher, Warren Township

Tourscher, Warren Township

Posted: 15 Jan 2012 7:46AM GMT
Classification: Query
I'm trying to find information about a woman, maybe named Anna Tourscher who died giving birth to her second child in the early to mid 1880s. Her husband was Andrew Tourscher, and her maiden name was Steckmeyer. I keep hitting dead ends when I'm looking her up.

Re: Tourscher, Warren Township

Posted: 17 Jan 2012 12:15AM GMT
I have two corrections on my post. Her name was Louisa, and she died in 1889.

Posted: 26 Jan 2012 2:16AM GMT
There is a death notice in the Baldwin Bulletin, but not much information:

Baldwin Bulletin - The wife of Mr. Torschner of Warren, was buried last Friday from the Catholic church - March 29, 1889 issue.

There was no Hammond or Roberts newspaper at that time. You could check the Hudson, River Falls and New Richmond papers, but these are supposed to be indexed (They all report Roberts and Warren news sporadically at that time. This does not mean those who indexed these papers could have missed something. Great Aunt Gert may also know something.

Dan Geister
Pierce County Historical Association

Posted: 27 Jan 2012 2:49AM GMT
Even this line is more information than the family had. I did find her grave in the Hawkins Cemetery. I was glad to help her family find her. I know her family says thank you to you for her help.

Posted: 14 Dec 2012 11:15PM GMT
Surnames: Tourscher
Hi. I'm looking for the burial location of Andrew Tourscher. Would you know if he is buried in the same place as his wife? Thanks.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions